HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech PRN in Denver, Colorado
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
The Multi-skilled worker assists in nursing care and center activities by performance of routine and delegated duties, according to standards and policies of the center. Responsibilities include the provision of patient care, and preparation of procedural areas as required. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists materials management in maintenance of all supplies. This is a materials receiver position. All of these activities are done under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists with and delivers safe, effective care until patient is discharged from the center.
- Adheres to written policies of the Center
- Assists in providing continuity of individual patient care
- Helps to maintain cleanliness of the Center
- Assists in maintaining a safe and sanitary environment
- Assists materials manager to maintain supply level in all areas by monitoring supply levels, ordering supplies, and keeping supply areas stocked.
- Keeps Coordinator informed of any problems
- Assists Registered Nurse in performing activities in assigned nursing care such as taking vital signs (Blood pressure, pulse, respirations, pulse oximetry, and temperature), transporting patients, performing shave/preps on patient, cleaning operating rooms between cases, acts as a courier between the Center and other institutions.
- Assists with risk management by completing variance reports appropriately and notifying Coordinator or the Risk Manager
- Assumes other duties as assigned
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Nursing Assistant Certification or EMT and BLS-Healthcare provider.
Experience: Successful completion of an orientation program or equivalent experience. Clinical experience is preferred.
Special Qualifications: Knowledge of basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards. Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care. Basic knowledge of computer systems and good interpersonal skills. Strong critical thinking skills.
Title: Patient Care Tech PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Lowry Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 27812-59534