HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Asst PRN in Denver, Colorado
Laboratory Asst / Phlebotomist Prn
Presbyterian St. Lukesprovides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver, treating patients from all over the Rocky Mountain Region. P/SL holds Centers of Excellence designations in numerous specialties. We are also proud to be recognized as one of the 106 HCA Healthcare Hospitals included in TJC’s new list of Top Performers on/Key Quality Measures/. To learn more about our numerous hospital wide achievements, please visit us athttp://pslmc.com/about/awards-recognition/
Our Mission: We are dedicated to care for you every day, every step of the way.
Vision: Unwavering excellence. Our Commitment to all.
Values: Integrity. Compassion. Accountability. Respect. Excellence. Denver, the Mile High City is the fourth fastest-growing city in the U.S. and offers an abundance of recreational activities, museums, fine restaurants, entertainment and shopping. From the outdoor beauty of the Red Rocks, hiking trails and spectacular views, there is something in Denver for everyone.
The Laboratory Assistant has primary responsibility for the efficient organization and effectiveness of the Laboratory Specimens Desk, Reception Area, and specimen procurement. The employee will provide services addressing age-related techniques in specimen obtainment and care focusing on neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric populations.* *
* greeting outpatients within the Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, answering the telephone
* answering questions regarding specimen collection and time elements
* interfacing between other hospitals, hospital departments, physicians, medical offices and reference laboratories
* obtaining blood specimens
* providing quality service
* performing general laboratory duties.
This is the public relations for the Laboratory; therefore, she/he should be neat in appearance and pleasant in personality. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: * * Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
* High School diploma or GED/Medical Assistant Certification.
* Experience in a hospital laboratory is desired, but not necessary.
*Special Qualifications: *
* The Laboratory Assistant must have good customer service and communication skills.
* Basic computer skills are needed.
Are you a skilled phlebotomist with a passion for helping others? We are looking for you. Apply now.
Title: Laboratory Asst PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-58419