Colorado State DIDD Program Development and Evaluation Unit Manager in Denver, Colorado
Community Living Office Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Make a difference-Join HCPF by improving health care access and outcomes for the people we serve while demonstrating stewardship of financial resources.
Information about the Department:
The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Department) offers a competitive benefits package to include the Public Employees Retirement Account (PERA), 401k/457, health/dental insurance options, 10 holidays, accrual of paid sick and vacation/annual time, flex place and flex time. The Department is also centrally located; offers affordable ECO passes; has a fitness center on-site; and a variety of discounts on services and products are available to state employees through the State of Colorado's Work-Life Employment Discount Program. The Department also encourages employees to take advantage of advanced education and offers reduced college tuition through CSU Global for their employees. This Department is a "Tobacco Free Workplace". www.colorado.gov/hcpf
Information about the Division:
The Division administers the Medicaid funded Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers for persons with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), implementing the Developmental Disabilities Waiver, the Children's Extensive Support Waiver and the Supported Living Services Waiver. The Division also administers two state funded programs to include the Family Support Services Program (FSSP) and State Supported Living Services program (State-SLS).
Description of Job
What you'll be doing:
- Position is responsible for policy development and quantitative analysis related to the Medicaid programs administered by the Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD).
- The position is responsible for the development and ongoing implementation of a data-driven strategic decision making and planning to include; service utilization and costs, affordability opportunities, reimbursement projects and issues, population health and health outcomes, provider patterns and variations, trends and forecasting, data and informatics needs and emerging technologies.
- Further, position is responsible for the implementation and management of internal systems for conducting ongoing outcomes measurement and assessment.
- Position provides supervision to 4 FTE responsible for program development and ongoing process improvement. Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Human Services, Statistics, Analytics or a field of study related to the work assignment AND four years of professional experience managing a health care program OR public administration of human services program.
A combination of work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job, which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
A master's or doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Human Services, Statistics, Analytics or a field of study related to the work assignment may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and one year of program management experience.
- Extensive experience coordinating and collaborating with a variety of diverse groups of stakeholders on issues that are politically sensitive.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience of Medicaid Home and Community Based Services regulations .
- Previous Supervisory experience of professional staff.
- Demonstrated analytical experience, to include the extraction, aggregation and quality assurance of data from multiple sources in support of reporting, and quantitative analysis of utilization and costs of a program/service.
- Experience writing Medicaid State Plan amendments or waiver requests and obtaining approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination. Supplemental Information
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume to their application.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. Be sure your application specifically addresses the requirements as listed in the minimum qualifications. Address your specialized experience, work products, and accomplishments as they relate to the position duties and minimum and preferred qualifications. Attach additional pages if necessary to fully explain your experience and accomplishments. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Comparative Analysis Process The comparative analysis process will consist primarily of a review of applications, cover letters and resumes against the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position. Applications will be reviewed in comparison to all others in the applicant pool in order to identify a top group of up to 6 candidates who may be invited for a final interview. Depending on the size of the applicant pool, additional selection processes may be utilized to identify a top group of candidates. Applicants will be notified of their status via email.
Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement will result in your application being rejected.
Conditions of Employment:
- All positions at HCPF are security sensitive positions and require that the individuals undergo a criminal record background check as a condition of employment.
- Employees who have been disciplinarily terminated, resigned in lieu of disciplinary termination, or negotiated their termination from the State of Colorado must disclose this information on the application. Other Supplemental Information:
Address Confidentiality Program: If you are covered by the Address Confidentiality Program, CRS 24-21-201 through 24-21-214, please notify the HR office or analyst listed on this announcement so that you are provided the appropriate time extension for notifications provided by U.S. mail. The extension allowed under this program applies only to U.S. mail notifications that include a deadline of 10 days or less.
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technical Help If you experience difficulty in uploading or attaching documents to your online application, call NEOGOV technical support at 877-204-4442 anytime between 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: UHA-4391-11.16
Closing: 12/13/2016 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: State of Colorado
Address: See the full announcement by clicking the "Printer" icon located above the job title Location varies by announcement, Colorado, --.
Salary: $6,262.00 Monthly
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Department of Health Care Policy and Financing