Colorado State Business Enterprise Trainer - Training Specialist IV Blind & Low Vision Services Unit in Denver, Colorado
* Extended - TO CLOSE ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 5TH AT 5PM*
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment is a values-driven organization, committed to teamwork, collaboration, accountability, adaptability, excellence, integrity and respect.
We believe in outstanding customer service, an inclusive culture, continued process improvement, and in our role as a trusted and strategic partner. Recognizing that knowledgeable employees drive our success, we are seeking dedicated individuals who exhibit our shared values and our passion for quality and excellence in all we do.
In addition to a great location and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities and more Our agency website: Colorado Department of Labor and Employment State Job Seeker Information: Colorado Department of Personnel & Administration Description of Job
* Extended - TO CLOSE ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 5TH AT 5PM* **
The purpose of the Colorado Business Enterprise Program is to provide blind persons with remunerative employment, enlarging the economic opportunities of the blind, and stimulating the blind to greater efforts in striving to make themselves self-supporting. The Business Enterprise Program is housed within the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Blind and Low Vision Services unit which administers the Randolph-Sheppard Vending Facility Program and issues licenses to blind persons to operate business enterprise locations on federal, state or other property.
This position exists to train, advise, and consult legally blind individuals in all aspects of business by providing training, assessment, case management, guidance, and technical assistance to certify them to manage a Business Enterprise Location in accordance with accepted business practices. This position participates in policymaking, management decisions, and assists blind operators in determining priorities, methods, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations of business locations; and provides agency management with consultation on the specific training processes and curriculum for Business Enterprise Program trainees. This position provides training for all current and future blind operators for upward mobility and adaptive technology. This position develops and maintains a continuing education curriculum to enable the program's on-going success. Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business administration, education, marketing, business management, psychology, occupational therapy, or food service, or in a field of study related to the work assignment AND three (3) years of professional experience in commercial food service work, retail sales, and a related business, which includes one (1) year in management training food service managers. Within the three (3) years of professional experience six (6) months experience must have been working directly with persons with disabilities providing services appropriate to the work assignment.
Part-time work will be pro-rated.
A combination of work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job, which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
A master's or doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study related to the work assignment may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and at the agency's discretion, one or two years of general experience respectively.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Knowledge of the principles and methods of education of the blind and visually impaired.
- Demonstrated professional experience working with individuals who are visually impaired.
- Experience working with and understanding assistive technology, such as, JAWS, Dragon, and Zoom text.
- Curriculum development and training others in the following: inventory, marketing, merchandising, bookkeeping systems, operation of food service facilities, entrepreneurial feasibility studies and writing business plans and statement analysis and interpretation.
- Strong organizational development skills and the ability to support CDLE values
- Measuring and evaluating the success of programs and making adjustments to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with employees, leadership, department committees, internal customers, and other training organizations to ensure successful delivery of products and services.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced experience utilizing multiple training presentation methods
Excellent organizational skills Conditions of Employment
This position requires a criminal record background check.
- A Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- Must provide a valid driver's license to be able to travel routinely, at least 20% of the time to attend meetings and support clients throughout the state.
- If interviewed may need to provide a current driving record.
APPEAL RIGHTS: If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination. Supplemental Information
Comparative Analysis Process* – Structured Application Review*
After minimum qualification screening, the comparative analysis process for this position will likely involve a review and rating of all the information you submit with your application materials, including your cover letter. Therefore, it is extremely important to document in the work experience/job duties portion of your online application the extent to which you possess the education, experience, minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications and highly desirable skills and competencies as outlined in the job announcement. It is also important to thoroughly answer all supplemental questions as your answers to these questions will be evaluated during this phase. Any attachments such as resumes or other documents that support your experience may also be reviewed during this phase.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: KAA 6003 12.16 TSIV
Closing: 12/5/2016 5:00 PM Mountain
Agency: State of Colorado
Address: See the full announcement by clicking the "Printer" icon located above the job title Location varies by announcement, Colorado, --.
Salary: $5,005.00 - $7,326.00 Monthly
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Department of Labor and Employment