Frontier Airlines Aircraft Dispatcher in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Aircraft dispatcher will be responsible for operational control of Frontier Airlines flights and jointly responsible with Captain for the preflight planning, delay and dispatch release of flights in compliance with Title 14 CFR, Part 121 and Frontier Operations Specifications.
- Prepares dispatch release, a contract between the pilot-in-command and the dispatcher for each flight.
- Plans flights considering the effects of enroute winds and weather, balancing safety and economy.
- Determines the minimum fuel supply necessary for the safe completion of the flight including any required alternate airports.
- Calculates aircraft performance. Must be thoroughly familiar with reported and forecast weather conditions on the route to be flown.
- Provides pilot in command with preflight briefing including aircraft and flight status as well as providing all current reports or information on airport conditions and irregularities of navigation facilities and all available weather reports and forecasts for weather phenomena that may affect the safety of the flight.
- Monitors the progress of each flight.
- Issues necessary information for the safety of the flight.
- Cancels or re-dispatches a flight if the flight cannot operate or continue to operate safely as planned or released.
- Recommends flight plan alternatives.
- Coordinates aircraft diversions and recoveries.
- Negotiates with air traffic control for alternative routings and reductions in air traffic control delays.
- Initiates company emergency notification.
- Coordinates company charter operations.
- Updates and maintains familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations, company manuals and aeronautical charts.
- Provides operations expertise to maintenance department and System Operations Control.
- Monitors and processes data provided by flight crews and stations.
- Archives dispatch releases and flight plans.
- Any other duty as assigned.
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate – required
- Extensive familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations, aeronautical charts, aviation weather, aircraft performance and flight planning
- Minimum of two years dispatch experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deal with several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Sabre Flight Planning experience preferred
- Flight Explorer Aircraft Situation Display experience preferred
- Sabre Reservation System experience preferred
- Arinc SELCAL System experience preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0254
Post Date: 11/28/2016
Title: Aircraft Dispatcher