University of Denver Administrative Assistant - Graduate School of Social Work in Denver, Colorado
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) aspires to be among the finest graduate schools of social work in the country. GSSW currently has a competitive PhD program and offers a Masters of Social Work degree at three campuses in Denver, Durango and Glenwood Springs. In addition, GSSW is in the process of developing a MSW program to be delivered completely online. The GSSW is a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work, all within a facility that supports the best educational practices. Our faculty, staff and students are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, community leadership and service. Our mission is to foster social responsibility regarding social and economic justice, quality of life, and multicultural communities, based on equality for all people.
This part-time (approximately 20 hours per week), non-benefitted position reports directly to the GSSW Registrar, and provides administrative support for the Office of Academic Affairs which includes the Associate Dean, the Director of Academic Services, the Director of Student & Career Services, Program Coordinator for Academic Services, Program Coordinator for Student Services, Program Coordinator for Career Services, and the Program Coordinator for the MSW/PhD program.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Be a friendly resource to students, staff, and faculty in relation to services provided within the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Redirect individuals to appropriate Academic Affairs personnel and other resources on campus.
- Answer multi-line phone to respond to or refer questions from students, faculty, and staff.
- Manage multiple departmental email accounts, answering or referring questions from students, faculty, and staff.
- Distribute targeted information as directed to various student, staff, faculty, and adjunct listservs/distribution lists.
- Monitor and provide accurate and timely responses (or referrals) for comments or inquiries made on GSSW social media sites related to Academic Affairs.
- Approve postings and flyers to be displayed in Craig Hall, under the direction of the Director of Student & Career Services.
- Scan and index student records.
- Perform accurate data entry, which may include, updating Excel spreadsheets, entering student information and/or updating registration in Banner, and maintaining/updating an Access database.
- Create/update room reservations in Outlook.
- Copy, collate, and assemble information packets.
- Complete special projects and support GSSW special events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills, including cultural humility.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups and demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information, including student and personnel records.
- Ability to understand FERPA, HIPAA, and other confidentiality laws.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks given by multiple supervisors.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work some weekend/evening hours and adapt schedule, as needed, during high volume periods (registration weeks, orientation, graduation, etc.).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two-year office/clerical/customer service experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Higher Education experience.
- Banner experience.
Flexible, typically Monday - Friday.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by* Friday, October 21, 2016*.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. Questions regarding these positions can be directed to Sarah Sweetman at email@example.com.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Department: GSSW-Student Academic Services
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary: 14.76 - 17.25 USD