CB&I Welding Specialist - Calpine in Delta, Pennsylvania
Title: Welding Specialist - Calpine
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Delta
The ideal candidate willprovide welding support implementing the CB&I Welding Program for assignedPower Group Construction Project, and is a project technical welding specialistfor welding related process issues, documentation, and inspection. Thisposition reports programmatically to the Site Quality Manager.
- Issues, and controlsWelding Procedures, Welding Specifications, Process Control Documents, and allother technical welding documents.
- Must be a Level IICertified Welding Inspector (CWI), ASNT SNT-TC-1A, or experienced to becertified by CB&I.
- Must perform visualinspection of welds and coordinate Radiographic, UT and PT/MT testing of welds.
- Provide support todiscipline Field Engineers (piping, component, structural, etc.) with thedevelopment of Welding Documentation (Weld Data Records and Weld Maps) fortheir respective construction work packages
- Daily activities includefield inspection, weld mapping, coaching of welders, welder qualification,quality surveillances, and disposition support of welding issues andnon-conformances
- Minimum of 5 years ofexperience as a certified welder, or 2 years of experience as welder and a 2year associates degree in welding technology, or a 4 year degree in weldingengineering.
- Minimum of 2 years ofextensive experience as a field welding engineer / welding quality inspector,or welding superintendent in power plant, shipbuilding, or industrial processconstruction, maintenance, or manufacturing.
- Experience working with,B31.1, B31.3, AWS D1.1, and ASME Sections I, VIII, and IX.
- Must be able tophysically perform the job duties, including walking, climbing stairs/ladders,see and hear within legal limits.
- Experience withevaluation and resolution development of welding related project and codeissues
- Must have good computerand writing skills.
- Level II CertifiedWelding Inspector.
- Knowledge and experiencewith field machining and / or precision measurements for the installation ofpiping and equipment.
- Knowledge and experiencewith PWHT
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) isa leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry.With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around theworld while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromisingstandard of quality.
Our complete, balancedand integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I canprovide any or all of the major services and products our customers require,resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedulecertainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most completesupply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Technical Services
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 7:42:21 AM
Requisition ID: 1705258