DataScan Lead Sourcing Specialist in Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Responsible for the research of complex meetings, incentive programs, and special events venue, including the request for proposal (RFP) process, developing detailed program budgets, communicating and compiling data from external vendors, negotiating contracts for the program planner assigned to execute specific projects.
- Actively participates in industry trade shows, conferences, and familiarization trips to stay abreast of the latest trends in the industry and develop strong relationships with hoteliers, destination management companies (DMC), and other external vendors that will benefit EIT programs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with national sales representatives for hotels, conferences, and event venues. Work to increase the cost savings to individual programs by leveraging programs planned and operated by EIT. Provide detailed cost analysis showing value-adds, negotiated concessions and risk management.
Develop and sometimes attend site inspections. Assist planners on programs as needed in the office and occasionally on site, back up for Senior Communication Specialist and Corporate Travel Program Coordinator.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum 5 years meeting/incentive planning experience, in a corporate environment, is preferred.
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining a detailed program budget.
- Strong sourcing and contract negotiating skills. Experience interfacing and maintaining good working relationships with a variety of meeting vendors including caterers, audio visual companies, hotels, convention centers, destination management companies, ground transportation firms, air charter companies. Knowledge of procedures related to planning and managing corporate meetings, events and incentive trips.
- Must have current knowledge of meeting industry contract negotiation trends (i.e. with hoteliers, ground suppliers, DMCs and other vendors) and negotiate contract terms that benefit the client, the company and the program.
- Must have knowledge of domestic and international destinations including condition of hotel/resort properties, service levels, available recreational activities, available vendors, off-site event venues and air lift availability in order to advise program planners as to destinations that will meet the program's objectives.
- Experience using a web-based event registration and RFP system, Cvent is a plus. Experience; custom reporting; and managing data.
- Must have above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gmail.
- Must possess expertise in solving problems and handling extraordinary requests in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with group air procedures.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills with an emphasis on organizational and time management and prioritizing expertise.
- Must have verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with adeptness in dealing with individuals of all levels, both internal and external.
- Work environment involves both indoor and outdoor activities as well as travel via car, van, bus, boat or plane. Site visits may require long walks, up/down hallways, up/down mountains, long periods of sitting/standing (up to 4 hours), and long flights (up to 9 hours). Physical Activities: during site visits, physical activities may include hiking, biking, repelling, zip lining, horseback riding, segways, boating, kayaking, whale watching, ATV riding and other activities.
- Work hours may vary depending on assignments. Department generally works 8-10 hours per day and up to 7 days a week. On occasions, work hours may exceed up to 19 hours per day when on site for a program.
- May lift/carry/pull up to 50 pounds. General range of motion requires bending, grasping, reaching & torso twisting for preparation of programs and during programs. Lifting activities include: Assembly of signage, boxing computers/supplies/copiers/amenities for shipment, moving of tables/chairs/décor, carrying supplies such as water/food/amenities/décor.
Requisition Number: 16-0444
Post Date: 9/27/2016
Title: Lead Sourcing Specialist
Alternate Location: JMSC
Location: FL - Deerfield Beach