DataScan Building Engineer in Deerfield Beach, Florida
This position will be responsible for conducting general building maintenance with a focus on HVAC systems, piping, plumbing and building controls. The incumbent will monitor the operation of chillers, all mechanical and electrical operating equipment, chemical treatment equipment and assist in the on-going assessment of building operations.
- Conducts proactive building rounds in critical areas
- Responds to and troubleshoots Hot/Cold requests
- Inspects building systems including HVAC and plumbing to ensure operation of the equipment is within design
- Monitors and adjusts the chiller plants, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems
- Performs assigned repairs and emergency maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, and take corrective action as required.
- Installs and rebuild pumps and motors
- Replaces bearings in all types of motors
- Replaces seals on pumps
- Installs and repairs piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls
- Assists other technicians or vendors with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment
- Repairs and maintains building controls
- Responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
- Performs soldering, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of five years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, and building controls.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondences, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Uses personal computer and/or mobile device for work order system, email, EHS and training.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Requisition Number: 16-0458
Post Date: 10/4/2016
Title: Building Engineer
Alternate Location: JM Service Center
Location: FL - Deerfield Beach