Haley & Aldrich, Inc. Staff Field Geologist in Dayton, Ohio
Staff Field Geologist
Haley & Aldrich is a 600-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a
passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Industrial Environmental Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we are currently seeking an entry to mid-level Staff Geologist, Hydrogeologist, or Scientist who will work under the direction and supervision of more senior staff. This is an excellent
opportunity to join a growing group and company. This full-time position is based out of our Dayton, OH office.
• BA/BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or related discipline from accredited University. Minimum 3.0 GPA with course work in hydrogeology, stratigraphy, structural geology, environmental and geologic field camp. Master's degree strongly
• A minimum of 2 to 5 years of hands-on work experience. Experience in a professional service or consulting firm strongly desired.
• Knowledge of borehole logging and USCS experience.
• Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
• Reasonable proficiency in English, report writing, and graphics preparation – Experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
• Computer skills with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MS Project.
• Proficient technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• OSHA 40-Hour H&S Training.
MSHA Training desirable.
• Ability to work on a team and independently in a fast paced consulting environment.
• Ability to review, compile and interpret geologic data to prepare accurate site-models.
• The following skills and experience are a plus:
– Experience with storm water management and familiarity with the Clean Water Act, NPDES Permitting, and principles of stormwater science, design and implementation of best management practices, design and implementation of stormwater monitoring programs.
– Some knowledge of public and occupational health issues.
– Experience in inspection and audit techniques for compliance against program requirements.
– Use and maintenance of IH field monitoring equipment.
The successful candidate will:
• Conduct field work, including soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment sampling; aquifer testing; drilling oversight and soil logging; soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, well purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
• Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
• Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
• Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
• Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transactions.
• Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
• Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
• Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
• Duties could also include compliance auditing, occupational health and safety or stormwater management, depending on the candidate’s experience.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can
collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, highly competitive total compensation and solid benefits package that include pay + bonus; health, dental,
vision, STD/LTD, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, long-term care, potential to become a shareholder, etc. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP