Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Software Engineer - T&E V&V (660654) in Dayton (Fairborn), Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer – Test & Evaluation, Verification & Validation
Provide software engineering support the US Air Force in the area of human physiological & cognitive measurement and assessment.
What you’ll do:
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Review legacy code and plan to migrate to an integrated extensible architecture
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, applied mathematics, software engineering, or a related field, plus 2 years of related experience is required.
- Experience with compiled programming languages (e.g., C, C++, C#)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience with .NET using Visual Studio
- Experience with developing SQL Server based applications.
- Ability to accurately estimate work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in accordance with coding and documentation standards.
- Ability to work with the Lead Developer and/or Dev Manager to determine the optimal technical approach for a project.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
While not required, any of the following experience is preferred.
- Experience with Java/Python/Ruby/Perl/R/MATLAB software development.
- Experience in developing real-time signal/image acquisition and processing systems.
- Experience in algorithm development and implementation (i.e. translating data processing theory and mathematics into functional software).
- Experience with Image Generators (MetaVR, CryEngine).
- Experience with Hardware Integration from RS232, USB, Bluetooth, TCP/IP devices.
- Experience with JSON, SOAP, REST and web services.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Analysis applications
- Experience with Cross-Platform software development techniques (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, ARM, x86/x64).
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.