Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Manufacturing Process Engineer in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To determine correct materials and procedures for product Fabrication and Assembly in order to meet quality, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Generates Bills of Material (BOMs) for use in procuring required material for job.
- Generates shop routings for each drawing for fabrication or assembly of parts in a timely and cost effective manner, therefore knowing the equipment and processes to achieve this task.
- Generates requests for any required tooling, and assure that the tooling, etc., is correct.
- Supports the Contracts Department with customer changes.
- Responds to drawing changes issued by Engineering as needed by re-ordering materials, changing shop routings and methods and changing work orders in the shop.
- Reviews Engineering drawings at the Preliminary Release phase.
- Works with Engineering on specification call outs and changes.
- Interprets drawings and assists in resolving customer and manufacturing questions.
- Assists the Sales Department with new quotes by generating BOMs.
- Plans for road trips for product servicing and warranty jobs.
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve manufacturing time and cost.
- Provides input to update Work Instructions and procedures.
Experience and Skills:
AA/AS or BA/BS degree in a technical field, manufacturing or industrial disciplines
2 to 4 years related experience in manufacturing
Knowledge of shop equipment
Job Tracking ID: 85347-229323
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 30, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: September 1, 2016