Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Electrical Design Engineer in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To determine and implement electrical designs that meet cost and schedule objectives and customer requirements.
- Reviews customer requirements including customer specifications, Statements of Work, and interface drawings in order to ensure compliance with contract.
- Attends job kick-off meetings and participates in design reviews with customers.
- Supports preparation and updates to task lists.
- Tracks schedules and budgets on assigned programs.
- Designs AC & DC electrical systems from customer specifications.
- Develops systems layouts, subassembly configurations and packaging criteria.
- Prepares wiring diagrams and lists.
- Provides design input to CAD design team.
- Reviews and approves drawings.
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve questions and technical issues. Assists in scheduling engineering tasks for assigned programs.
- Creates technical proposals, technical materials, procurement specifications and electrical analyses.
- Supports the Sales department in proposal development and engineering estimates.
- Reviews vendor/shop drawings, quotes and proposals.
- Creates electrical long leads and Cost Schedule Impact Logs (CSILs.)
- Submits Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs, RFWs, etc.).
- Interfaces with customers and contracts to resolve customer related issues.
- Contributes to product improvement, new products and product standardization.
- Broad basis of knowledge for electrical facilities design (power distribution, controls, NEC, IT/Comm, cabling, Air Conditions Systems, etc.
- Knowledge of government/military contract or pgoram execution requirements a plus.
Experience and Skills:
BS/BA degree in technical field
4 to 6 years professional engineering experience
Thorough knowledge of circuit simulation programs
Thorough understanding of the relationship between hardware and software for company products
AC/DC electrical systems experience
Job Tracking ID: 85347-222767
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 09, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: June 6, 2016