Kratos Technology & Training Solutions CNC Operator in Dallastown, Pennsylvania
To set-up, operate or program various types of machines for production of piece parts for shelters to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
Receives instructions both verbally and from detailed prints and routings
- Will be required to set-up and operate various machine shop equipment to complete assigned tasks including lathes, milling machines, drill press, surface grinder, tool grinder, horizontal mill, band saws, disc sanders, CNC machining centers, various bench mounted equipment, shears, saws, punch press, radial drill, decoiler, band saws, gang press, press brake, rollers, tubing / pipe benders, torch, routers, grinders, belt/disc sanders, various bench mounted equipment, all types of hand tools, electric powered hand tools, air powered hand tools, hoists, cranes, lift trucks
- Performs operations that will include, boring, counter boring, turning, tapping, threading, milling, drilling, reaming, broaching, knurling, casting, sawing, grinding, cutting, sharpening, chamfering, deburing.
- Assists with and/or constructs fixtures, jigs, tools, soft vise jaws, shop aids
- Will produce piece parts & parts for prototypes as well as parts for machine and building maintenance as needed.
- Assists with and/or performs repairs to parts on jigs, fixtures, dies and shop aids
- Assists with repairs to machines and equipment in machine shop as requested or required by maintenance.
- All levels may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, cleaning, and various other assignments as needed
- Uses various measuring and inspection tools and equipment for piece part inspection, compliance, accuracy verification
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- May be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other Departments as needed or required by shop work load
Experience and Skills:
High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years on-the-job experience setting up and operating a minimum of 2 types of machine shop equipment including CNCs
- Basic knowledge of shop math.
- Basic blue print reading
- Fraction and Decimal conversion
- Ability to read and understand measuring and inspection equipment, tools
- Intermediate blue print reading is desirable
- Basic computer skills.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-228577
Location: Dallastown, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 19, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: August 29, 2016