Title: Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - Indirect Tax Services - State & Local Tax
Job Number: DAL0045L
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle at the local level. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior in our Wealth & Asset Management State and Local Tax practice. The position involves participating in and managing multiple and challenging tax engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our financial services organization clients.
- Take ownership for delivery of high quality audit work
- Demonstrate professional skepticism and compliance with EY risk management and independence policies
- Start to build relationships across other EY service offerings and seek opportunities to work together
- Build strong credibility through displaying good insight and business acumen, applying technical competence and engaging in relevant discussions with clients and engagement teams
- Develop credibility and business acumen in discussions with clients. Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely and responsive services and work products
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations, as well as share tax planning ideas with others
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information
- Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Supervise the work of Staff professionals while participating in and contributing to achieve team goals
- Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans and assist in making quality decisions in complex and judgmental areas
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
- Must have, or be currently eligible to obtain either a US CPA or admission to US State bar
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- Excellent verbal/ written communications skills
- Knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, controversies, restructuring, and due diligence
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.