McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. Senior Accountant – Texas Division in Dallas, Texas
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
The Senior Accountant will partner, collaborate and provide support on financial and accounting matters to the Division management teams in both Texas and the Southeast. This person will work with the Accounting departments to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting as well as compliance with Company policies. This position reports directly to Region Controller.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Proactively monitor and report on project, divisional and regional cash position, costs and percentage of completion
- Prepares divisional and regional financial statements, budgets, volume and gross profit projections and other financial analysis and forecasts
- Provide the Division management team with proactive analysis on project performance
- Assist in the yearly budget process and the compilation of information for the annual business plan with the Division management team
- Work with the Operations teams and Accounting Departments on day-to-day operational accounting issues
- Assist the Corporate Accounting division on tax, license and compliance issues
- Project Financial Reviews and Audits to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Project Accounting Setup
- Interact with project staff with regard to owner audits or other project related financial issues
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of accounting experience, with at least two years in the construction industry
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Oracle and Discoverer preferred
- General understanding of construction insurance, bonding requirements, lien laws and sales taxes for contractors
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized and able to work independently
- Effective problem-solver and decision-maker
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Team Player
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.