HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Progressive Care NIGHTS in Dallas, Texas
Medical City Dallas
Registered Nurse - RN - Progressive Care Unit - PCU
FULL TIME NIGHTS, Rotating Weekends
Up to a $20,000 sign on bonus offered and relocation available for eligible candidates and positions.
The PCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service line
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Progressive Care environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on
- the needs of individual Progressive Care patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make
- informed choices regarding health care
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives and process
- Promote a supportive Progressive Care environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant, vocational
- nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and
- geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization Medical City is a very “special” ANCC Magnet medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission’s highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Why work for HCA: Click the Link to find out more about ourBenefitsandwhat our employees have to say about working with Medical City.
For additional information contact Jamie Revill at 972-322-4166 or Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSN preferred or ADN with signed committment to obtain BSN within 24 months of hire.
- Current licensure as an RN or compact license with the ability to obtain permanent license in TX.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS (American Heart Association.)
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as an RN in a high acuity PCU
Title: RN Progressive Care NIGHTS
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-79686