Aetna Programmer Developer - Aetna Medicaid Pharmacy Management in Dallas, Texas
Req ID: 34399BR
Informatics team within Aetna s Medicaid Business Unit (MBU) provide support Aetna Medicaid Pharmacy Management reporting and trend management to include extracting, collecting, analyzing and interpreting pharmacy utilization and financial data from many sources to address business questions regarding pharmacy management, health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, healthcare program and formulary design, and other business needs.. This position will be part of the Analytics group within Informatics.
1) Statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data, interprets results, and makes recommendations based on analytic findings to business areas
2) Makes recommendations about data collection methods, metrics definition and evaluation methods
3) Develops, validates and executes algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools that answer applied research and business questions for internal and external clients
4) Collaborates with internal and external partners and organizations in the design and execution of analytic studies to answer business and research questions
5) Designs and conducts analyses and outcome studies using healthcare claims, pharmacy and lab data, employing appropriate research designs and statistical methods. Present results using Excel, Tableau and other available tools.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE desired:() 3 or more years of health care and 1 or more years of pharmaceutical industry and analytic experience. () Demonstrated project management experience.
(*) Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
(*) Able to make sound decisions and recommendations to drive business solutions.
(*) Ability to communicate statist
(*) The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Actuarial/Risk analysis/management/1-3 Years
Functional - Actuarial/Research/1-3 Years
Functional - Management/Management - Data analysis and interpretation/4-6 Years
TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCES Technical - Database/Microsoft SQL (SSMS) /Advanced
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Excel MS. Excel (VBA and functions)/ Intermediate Technical – BI Tools/Tableau/FOUNDATION
REQUIRED SKILLSExperience in working with large data sets from multiple data sources.Strong SQL programming skills. Other skills like Tableau, MS. Excel (VBA and functions), SSIS, SSRS, SAS, SQL code optimization are desired but not required.
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/FOUNDATION
Benefits Management/Maximizing Healthcare Quality/FOUNDATION
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED Telework:Willing to consider candidates based on location, depending on experience and nearest office location. Option to Telework Full Time.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Health Care