HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Extern PRN Cardiovascular ICU in Dallas, Texas
Work Schedule: PRN (as needed)
Under the guidance of a registered nurse, the incumbent will serve as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with caring for the adult patient population. Perform selected psychomotor skills and activities delegated by the RN. Support patient and family education by reinforcing health teaching planned and/or provided by the registered nurse. Skillfully document observations, tasks and other data onto the medical record.
- Must be currently enrolled in the last year of study in an NLN accredited school of nursing. Perform delegated tasks and data collection that have been taught and verified in the course of study.
- Must have a current BLS Healthcare Provider card issued by American Heart Association.
- Knowledge of fundamental care for the adult/geriatric patient in an acute care setting. Competency in selected psychomotor skills.
- Understand and accept strengths and limitations of nurse extern in performing delegated tasks and collection of data.
- Customer service skills needed to welcome and orient patient and families to facility on admission.
- Communication skills require interacting with wide range of nursing and medical staff during course of work
Title: Nurse Extern PRN Cardiovascular ICU
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-84354