Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Principal Mission Engineer (Contingent) in Dahlgren, Virginia
The candidate will lead in team in combat system systems engineering trades and analyses for future Naval Surface Combat and Warfare Systems definition and design, as well as current Naval Surface Combat and Warfare System Operations. Systems engineering efforts by the team will encompass any of the following disciplines: architecture engineering/development, requirements engineering/management, total ship systems engineering, element design, design integration, ship integration, technical assessments, interoperability assessment, certification, and advanced design development. Additionally, the candidate will lead a team to provide systems engineering support in the mission areas of Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD), Dominance & Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Surface Dominance, Navy Fires/Land Attack, Maritime Dominance, Undersea Dominance, combat systems cyber security and C4ISR. This support will be in all applicable ship and mission system areas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will:
- Apply mission engineering practices to understand current mission and systems-of- systems operational gaps, mission needs and issues.
- Provide support in all areas of enterprise systems engineering.
- Participate in evaluating Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership & Education, Personnel, and Facilities (DOTMLPF) (materiel and non-materiel) solutions to mitigate current mission needs and operational gaps.
- Utilize operational knowledge and context to assist in the definition of mission requirements and capabilities for the future surface Navy (e.g. Frigate, Future Surface Combatant).
- Support the development of multi-platform scenarios that provide for assessment and evaluation of Allied/Joint/Navy mission operations.
- Participate in the development of architecture, requirements, and integration options for surface combat systems, including development of integration concept models/papers and support for performance and cost analysis.
- Support capability assessments to identify risks and mitigations.
- Support development of Mission Threads and alignment with T&E; execution.
- Support execution of mission area roadmaps.
- Provide support in the development of mission engineering products that provide detailed warfighter input into the acquisition process, specifically systems engineering activities.
- Contribute to architecture development for Fleet exercises, including development of planned and as-executed mission architectures, development of data analysis and collection plans, and participating in campaign and mission analysis.
- Assist the Government in defining and developing Concept of Employment (CONEMP) documents to include relevant operational and tactical situations, operational environments, scenarios, conditions, and constraints.
- Assist in the development of CONEMPs and mission scenarios to support combat system requirements definition, system development, and Test & Evaluation.
Experience and Skills:
- Fifteen (15) years of general Surface Navy Combat Systems operational or mission engineering experience with at least ten (10) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
Combat Systems Cyber Security
Ships Self Defense System
Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems Experience
Must be a U.S. Citizen and have active DoD Secret clearance.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230704
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 19, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 10 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP