Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Therapist II in Culver City, California
- Providing crisis intervention, intake assessment, and individual, family, and group psychotherapy to adults, children and families with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Coordinating support services to assist clients with independent living.
Depending on specific program assignment, may perform any or all of the following:
- Provides crisis intervention/therapy and facilitates conflict resolution; provides ongoing individual, group, and/or family therapy either short- or long-term, as needed.
- Performs intake assessments by phone and/or in-person, client evaluations and provides diagnoses; formulates a plan of treatment which promotes development and maintenance of individual goals designed to facilitate individual growth, improved social interaction, ability to manage mental illness and/or substance abuse and live independently.
- Assesses and monitors condition of client to evaluate success of treatment and adapts interventions as needed.
- Provides case management to include referral and links to community support services, psychiatrist, medical care, housing, rehabilitation programs, drug/alcohol services and social activity groups.
- Initiates 5150 holds for clients presenting a danger to themselves or others and are in need of hospitalization.
- Interfaces and collaborates with clinic psychiatrist regarding client treatment planning.
- Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, Department of Mental Health contract and other related state/federal agencies’ standards and guidelines.
- Participates in officer-of-the-day duty coverage and twenty-four hour on call coverage.
- Develops and maintains therapist skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of training/education related to working with adults with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Attends and participates in program, Agency staff meetings; and related community agency meetings as required/requested.
- Must be licensed in California as a Psychologist, Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with individuals with a history of mental illness and/or substance use in a social service/mental health environment.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to conduct service in Spanish preferred.
- Working knowledge of conducting individual therapy sessions for those with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse and their families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Evidence Based Practices, Co-Occurring Disorders and/or the Recovery Model of treatment is required.
- Strong working knowledge of crisis intervention and individual therapy, documentation, psychiatric intern supervision, and multicultural and socio-economic issues.
- Knowledge of Suicide Prevention and Assessment preferred.
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, Department of Mental Health, policies and documentation guidelines, and other state/federal regulations relating to service programs for adults with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Basic advocacy skills.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Efficiently use the personal computer to include a variety or word processing software.
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Candidates must be able to clear all Agency background checks in order to be considered for this position.
Requisition Number: 16-0187
Post Date: 9/2/2016
Title: Therapist II
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Exempt - Salaried
Division: Suicide Prevention Center
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly
City: Culver City