Indian Health Service Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist, DHA OC in Crownpoint, New Mexico
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Crownpoint, NM
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 2/5/2016 (260 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (70 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-CR-1613134-ESEP/MP VA number; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
This position is located in the Medical Imaging Department in the Crownpoint Healthcare Facility, Crownpoint, NM. Performs standardized and specialized radiologic examinations and digital fluoroscopy utilizing Computerized Radiographic equipment. This position will report the the Supervisory Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist.
- Perform a variety of difficult radiographic examination
- Recieves patients, explains methods of procedures, positions patients, selects and set technical factors, sets accessory equipment and makes exposures necessary for the requested procedures
- Ensures proper maintenance and functioning of radiographic equipment at all times and maintains record of such.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- To surrounding service units for meetings, trainings, etc.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be a certified Radiographer.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
NOTE: Public Law 97-35 required that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field.
The following meets these requirements:
1) Persons employed by the Federal Government as a radiologic personnel prior to the effective date of the regulation (January 13, 1986) who show evidence of current evidence of current or fully satisfactory performance or certification of such from a licensed practitioner such as a doctor of medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic who prescribes radiologic procedures to others.
2) Persons first employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel after the effective date of the regulation who (a) received training from institutions in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not accredit training in that particular field at the time of graduation, or (b) practiced in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not license that particular field or did not allow special eligibility to take a licensure examination for those who did not graduate from an accredited educational program, provided that such persons show evidence of training, experience, and competence as determined by OPM or the employing agency.
In addition, to the Requirements above, you must also meet the Qualifications stated below-
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:For GS-05 through GS-08: Experience in the operation of diagnostic radiology equipment under the direction of radiologists or other medical officers to produce radiographic studies used in medical diagnosis and treatment in the amounts indicated below is qualifying for the grade indicated.
To qualify for the GS-05: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-04 level; GS-06: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level; GS-07: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 level; GS-08: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review our benefits
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
Promotion Potential to a GS-08, if selected at the GS-05.
Government Housing - upon availability
Recruitment Incentive - may be available
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The incumbent works in a regularly assigned rotational or call back basis to provide continuity or patient care during evening, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $35,798.00 to $58,151.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0647-05/08
Promotion Potential: 08
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 428717700
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CR-1613070-DHA OC