Indian Health Service Clinical Nurse (OB), DHA OC in Crownpoint, New Mexico
Indian Health Service
3 vacancies in the following location:
- Crownpoint, NM
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Monday 2/8/2016 (261 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (66 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-CR-1621388-ESEP/MP VA number; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
To provide Clinical Nursing services to a wide variety of obstetrical patients on Women's Health Unit (WHU). The incumbent reports to Supervisory Clinical Nurse. This position is located at Crownpoint Healthcare Facility (CPSU), Division of Nursing Services, Women's Health Unit (WHU), Crownpoint, NM.
Provides nursing care to the antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients, obstetrical triage, non-stress tests, administering medications, performing vaginal checks for dilation, effacement, station, presenting part, position status of membranes, operating fetal monitors, interpretation of fetal monitor strips and neonatal monitoring devices.
- Provides nursing care to the newborn infants during recovery and post-recovery, provide nursery care to Level 1 special care nursery of newborn infants.
- Utilizes the nursing process in identifying individual patient problems and in developing, implementing and evaluating patient care plans using standard of care.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment safely and correctly.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Occasional Travel
- To surrounding service units for transports, trainings, meetings, etc.
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Licensure Requirement
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position.
You must meet all of the BASIC REQUIREMENTS listed below:
1.Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Must provide official Nursing transcripts.
- An active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to the above, you must also meet the following minimum requirements for the grade level you wish to be considered for:
GS-10: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience in professional knowledge in nursing principles, practices, and procedures providing patient care to high-risk and complicated patients. Knowledge of application and use of fetal monitoring equipment, knowledge of physical assessment, disease processes, and interventions. Knowledge of proper practices and procedures in emergency situations, etc.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain Nursing staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
Your application will expire in three (3) months and you will need to reapply to keep your application active.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review our benefits
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment or Relocation may be authorized. One year service agreement will be required.
Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The Indian Health Service (IHS), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit: For IHS - http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment/For NHSC - https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/ For HRSA Nurse Corps - http://www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The incumbent works in a regularly assigned rotational or call back basis to provide continuity or patient care during evening, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $59,734.00 to $73,882.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 429045700
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CR-1621992-DHA-OC