Macy's Wolfgang Puck Bistro - Lead Cook, Full Time: Costa Mesa, CA, Macy’s South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California
The Lead Food Cook Associate supports the Kitchen Supervisor/Executive Chef in running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable food operation following all company standards. Primary responsibility is to produce craveable food items by using product knowledge. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Assist in providing culinary and food production training on an on-going basis to associates
- Assist in managing kitchen and food cost expenses
- Monitor food quality by completing A.M. and P.M. line checks
- Provide education to service staff on new products and menus
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Magic Selling
- During shift, provides leadership and directs associates in providing craveable food products and excellent service
- Assist in maintaining food cost goal by proper purchasing, production, waste control, storage, handling, and inventory
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance, and communications
- Meet high standards of workplace safety, sanitation and equipment care and safety as set by the Health Department and company policy
- Assist in preparing, producing, and presenting all food items
- Assist in product ordering and receiving
- Provide ongoing coaching and recognition to increase team’s performance
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained
- Assist with the coordination and execution of special events
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. One year of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift supervisory experience is required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: This position is exposed to sharp objects such as knives and scissors. This position is also exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space. This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as grills and ovens. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. *
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Costa Mesa
Job: Restaurant/Food Service - Back of House
Req ID: 71575723