Macy's Wolfgang Puck Bistro - Host/Hostess, Part Time: Costa Mesa, CA, Macy’s South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California
The Restaurant Host’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent service by monitoring customer traffic flow, acknowledging and seating customers upon arrival, providing product information and thanking customers upon departure. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Ensure dining room is prepared for customer service
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and seat customers at clean tables avoiding over-seating
- Communicate customer requests/concerns and service flow issues to associates and manager on duty
- Be knowledgeable of servers’ duties and responsibilities, table numbers, and station assignments
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Work with bus team to clear and maintain tables according to company standards
- Answer phone and record reservations according to company standards
- Perform cashier duties when needed
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Food Division and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
* * * * * * * * * *
Primary Location: United States-California-Costa Mesa
Job: Restaurant/Food Service - Front of House
Req ID: 71575731