Volcom Sales Support Rep in Costa Mesa, California
Volcom was founded in 1991 on the belief that there is a higher level of consciousness to be found within one’s self through the internal and external journeys that board-sports, music, art and film provide. The company prides itself on making quality apparel, outerwear, footwear and accessories that not only exemplify the lifestyle, but also enhance the ability to live it. By being the first to combine surfing, skating and snowboarding under one brand from inception a new future was forged and a generation of liberation was born. For over two decades Volcom has been TRUE TO THIS... the quest for Spiritual Intoxication.
Our dynamic company culture attracts the most creative, passionate individuals. We work hard and play hard in a fun casual work environment. We urge you to come join the ride.
- Provide sales support for Account Specialists, Customer Service Reps, Sales Managers and Sales Reps
- Effectively manage customer service telephone lines and provide prompt and immediate service for all accounts and reps that need immediate assistance.
- Data Entry. Orders, SMU forms etc.
- Verify orders are accurate and received with enough lead-time to ship on time.
- Help execute account special requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work closely with allocations and shipping, as well as receiving teams to ensure all product ships on time.
- Serve as the critical intermediate between sales and credit and keep them proactively informed of issues
- Ensure that our accounts fully informed of order status, fill rates, and expected inventory due-in information.
- Ensure the timely disposition of all order discrepancies, shortages, mis-shipments, and defective product returns.
- Provide support to credit and sales by supplying timely proof of deliveries and return authorizations.
- Ensure ticketing aspects are handled and majority of merchandise is properly ticketed at the vendor level.
- Maintain weekly booking and shipping reports for upper management.
- Work tradeshows; Responsible for all apt setting, apt set up and break down
- Responsible for all sample coordination between accounts and logging of all sample requests
- Coordinate and Assist with showing the line when needed
- Attend appointments with accounts; take notes during appointments and follow-up after when needed
- 2+ years preferred customer service experience working with Major Accounts
- College degree preferred and appreciate
- Working knowledge of the wholesale/retail industry.
- Excellent communication/listening skills and have experience in conflict resolution
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written comprehension
- Consistent follow through]
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain proper conduct and rapport with accounts
- Contribute to special needs of the sales team
- Eager to increase knowledge and develop new qualifications to better serve the sales department and Volcom
- Willingness to put in extra time of own free will
- Customer Service – respond to all management & major account requests and needs
- Able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Organization – responsible for maintaining all major account files
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to multi task
- Full Circle skills a plus
- Microsoft Office
- EDI a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Primary Location: North America-United States-California-Costa Mesa
Job Type: Permanent
Job: Customer Service
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Number: 000AOL
Req ID: 000AOL