Amazon.com Sr. Project Engineer in Coppell, Texas
Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Sr Project Engineer responsible for design, build and continuous improvement of our order fulfillment infrastructure. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in fulfillment center project life cycle, including their development, design, implementation, enhancement and support plus demonstrated related experience in integrated automation projects. This individual will provide leadership and guidance to a team of project engineers responsible for delivering multiple integrated automation capital projects and a team of engineers responsible for supporting / improving existing network assets within an operational region. The Sr. Project Engineer must be agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans, resourcing and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain overall responsibility for their execution of capital and sustaining projects with respect to budget, schedule, specifications/standardization, performance and capacity.
· Monitor and enforce safety policies with respect to engineering discipline and general Amazon practices, including Standard Work, Design-In-Safety and Change Approval Process.
· Review process, equipment and system design to ensure their adherence to Amazon Operations Engineering design principles; and provide continuous feedback to World Wide Fulfillment Center Design Team on suggested enhancements and lessons learned.
· Review and approve locally managed Capital Approval Requests, including solution, budget, schedule, justification, risks and resources.
· Support local, regional and network process improvement activities; and facilitate the promotion, when applicable, of these initiatives as new network standards.
· Advise senior leadership on region and network business initiatives and project activities, including critical paths, Capital Approval Request budgets, potential risks and mitigation strategies.
· Sets clear expectations, measure performance, and provide feedback to Regional Operations Engineering team for accountability.
· Build strong working relationship with region’s Fulfillment Center Operations leadership teams; advise and support these Operations Engineering customers on new and sustaining projects, capacity planning, engineering practices, capital planning, etc.
· Interface and work closely with other business partners within the company to obtain resources, develop and enforce standards, drive process improvement / innovation, and address business needs.
· Manage suppliers and assist procurement with negotiations and cost out initiatives along with developing long term strategies.
· Assist in coordination of information between various teams in the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or 2+ years of Amazon experience.
· Knowledge of distribution system design integrations, material handling systems/applications, packaging automation, distribution processes and storage systems
· 5+ years of people management and development experience
· 8+ years of experience in project management and implementation
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Experience managing multiple major capital projects of at least $25 million
· Experience with the major material handling system integrators and design/application of material handling automation
· Exposure to Lean Concepts, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors
· Ability to travel up to 75%
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and MS Project.
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
· Proficient in AutoCAD
· Certified in Lean or Six Sigma
· Ability to manage and direct a team and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 462436