Haley & Aldrich, Inc. Client Leader in Columbus or Dayton, OH; Indianpolis, IN, Ohio
Columbus or Dayton, OH; Indianpolis, IN
Haley & Aldrich is a 600-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a
passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant/Client Leader to join our firm. We are looking for emerging, established, and recognized leaders in the multi-media EHS compliance, permitting, auditing, and management
systems arenas. The qualified professional will combine high-level, strategic consulting and client development skills along with a strong technical foundation. The main focus will be to develop and implement an aggressive growth strategy to build strong relationships
and strategic partnerships with key industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and healthcare clients. This position will support our diverse technical resources in the Midwestern and Continental US and will be based out of our Dayton, OH, Columbus, OH, or Indianapolis,
• B.S. degree in Engineering (chemical, environmental, civil), Environmental Science, Health & Safety, or other related discipline. M.S. degree strongly preferred.
• 15+ years of experience with a specific focus on facility EHS permitting, compliance, and auditing. Significant experience and client contacts within heavy industry, commercial, manufacturing, or manufacturing markets in the Midwestern US. Experience in a
consulting or professional services environment required.
• Professional registration(s) / certification(s) strongly preferred: Professional Engineer (P.E.), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Professional Environmental
Auditor (CPEA), or other relevant discipline.
• Track record of technical expertise in regulatory frameworks to address multi-media EHS compliance issues including, but not limited to RMP, CWA, CAA, RCRA, EPCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, OPA, SARA III, PSM, OSHA (29 CFR 1904; 1910; 1926), ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
• Additional expertise with ISO 50001 (Energy Management Systems), sustainability, LCAs, construction management, and capital improvement projects a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
• Understanding and knowledge of the local markets and the companies operating within them, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
• World-class consulting and business acumen to understand and identify client challenges and risks in order to cross-sell multiple services Haley & Aldrich is able to provide in other areas.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
The successful candidate will:
• Focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of H&A’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients. In particular, play a key role in developing and growing H&A’s portfolio of Environmental, Health & Safety
(EHS) consulting services (including compliance, permitting, auditing, etc.).
• Develop and manage robust Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance and management programs and implementation techniques to address complex technical and regulatory issues.
• Simultaneously manage a portfolio of high-level tasks (including compliance programs, audits, management system programs, and risk assessments).
• Actively develop commercial strategies and programs to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with new and existing clients.
• Fully understand and closely monitor industry business cycles to prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top target opportunities and lead proposal efforts to capture new business.
• Contribute to the leadership and management of project execution activities in support of our clients’ active facility operations. Lead consulting engagements in the areas of EHS compliance, permitting, and auditing.
• Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are mentored, trained, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
• Maintain authorized contracts, prepare Project Management Plans (PMPs), and manage contract changes in accordance with Quality Management Standards (QMS).
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can
collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, highly competitive total compensation and a solid benefits package that includes pay + bonus; health,
dental, vision, STD/LTD, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, long-term care, and potential to become a shareholder. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP