JPMorgan Chase NAS Refresh Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) Global Service Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services.
JPMorgan Chase has one of the biggest storage environments in the World, servicing a heterogeneous compute system within geographically disperse setting. This position is part of the JPMorgan Chase NAS Storage team; focusing in finding the underlying issues that impair our systems from performing at its best. Our goal is to fix issues before they impact the stability and resiliency of our applications.
This position requires an extensive background in Storage management, migration and support, and experience with the server side as well. We support a widespread of OS version, age and configuration; including AIX, Linux, ESX and Windows.
Our environment is extremely complex, comprised of NetApp, Isilon, Atmos, EMC, thus, this position requires an engineer that has a high level of energy and is seeking a challenge.
• Migration, maintenance, and support of data storage solutions, utilizing NetApp/Isilon
• Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet client needs
• Responsible for ongoing maintenance and support of the storage frames, and to maximize storage uptime,
• Responsible for provisioning, resizing, recovery and migration of storage volumes as requested.
• Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues
• Allocates storage to new servers as needed
• Provides recommendations to improve the storage infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis
• Works with partner storage teams to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. Monitors server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability
• Once issues are identified, this position requires ability to put a plan in place to implement fixes and close out such issues, taking into account, the complexity and size of the environment
• Resolving high priority incident tickets
• Engaging internal customers
• Attendance on management and technical bridges through incident resolution and preparation and presentation of root cause analysis
• Coordinating and driving both internal and external vendor IT support teams in resolution activities
• Executing assigned Service Request to JPMC standards and controls
• Providing on-going improvements to event monitoring
• Ensuring environmental testing and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity tests are completed successfully as required
• Provide production support for distributed storage environment including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor engagement
• Provides management with strategic and tactical recommendations for NAS environment
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
• 8 - 10 years experience in distributed storage environments
• 8 - 10 years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
• Must have experience with NetApp
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
• Advanced experience of NetApp Ontap 8.x & cDoT
• Advanced Experience in NFS/CIFS protocol troubleshooting.
• Experience in Ontap 7-Mode & cDoT upgrades.
• Advanced NetApp replication & snapvault technology experience & troubleshooting.
• Experience in NetApp hardware refresh/migrations.
• Advanced experience of vendor tools for managing, configuring, and troubleshooting (including performance)
• Intermediate /Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment for Brocade & Cisco
• Must have Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
• Strong scripting automation skills: Perl, Unix shell scripting (Ksh/Bash) and Expect
• Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
• Good positive attitude and helpful approach
• Good spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
• Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
• Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
• Good planning skills and ability to deliver to agreed schedules
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.