JPMorgan Chase Mainframe Automation Infrastructure Development in Columbus, Ohio
Mainframe Automation Infrastructure Development
We are actively seeking an IBM Systems Z Mainframe Engineer with Automation background. Recent in-depth knowledge
of products such as CA-OPS/MVS and/or console based automation packages. This position is responsible for providing (Tier 3) level Mainframe (zSeries, z/OS Unix System Services) support for the ECS (Enterprise Computing Services) Engineering teams. This individual will have responsibility for day-to-day support of Mainframe automation (CA-OPS/ MVS) environment. The Automation Engineer is responsible for research, analysis, documentation, and presentation
of effective methods of consolidating various monitoring/workflows/started tasks by providing automated processes / procedures, preventing or eliminating manual intervention from Service Operation teams. Incumbent will be instrumental in the delivery of Mainframe Automation services requests that will enable the ECS engineering teams continued success in delivering robust and leading edge solutions to the internal JPMorgan Chase global businesses and their partners.
What's My Title? Engineer (SME)
Do I Have an Edge Over Other Candidates?
Yes, if you the daily use of TSO/ISPF, knowledge of file transmission workings (CA-Netmaster, NDM, FTP, etc.) and knowledge of batch processing workload automation describes your role. As well, if you have experience with JAVA or other Web, Development skills
Ideal Personality Traits
Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills; able to conduct training sessions and review the work of peers without hesitation.
Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required: 1O years experience required
- Experience with configuration of z/OS operating system and significant subsystems.
- Experience with installation, maintaining, and implementation of z/OS and ISV software.
- Strong problem determination skills.
- In-depth experience with OPS/MVS functionality, design, integration, and implementation.
- Understanding of SSMGA functionality and implementation.
- Experience with GDDR or GDPS functionality, automation, scripting, control, and testing.
- Basic knowledge of documentation tools, such as MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
- Ability to work with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of z/OS tools and subsystems, including by not exclusive to, JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, SMP/E, &
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Primary Location US-OH-Columbus-1111 Polaris / 54101
Organization CORPORATE SECTOR
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: 170019528