JPMorgan Chase Application Support Lead in Columbus, Ohio
• Manage, own and take lead Responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application and data issues and issues resolution or escalation.
• Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support team members.
• Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines.
• Lead and prioritize the Application Support team’s work load
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and or acting as a subject matter expert
• Focus on reducing issues driving down ticket volumes.
• Provide 24×7 operational support to all production practices on holidays and weekends, on an on-call rotating basis.
• Recommend and develop automation jobs to reduce Adhoc monitoring and create permanent solutions to a temporary fix.
• Disaster Recovery testing – Ensure that DR architecture provides method(s) to maintain data integrity in the event of a failure of both primary and secondary copies of data, eliminating possibility of data corruption. Prepare recovery procedures
• Application Availability: Innovations, optimizations and automations built through monitoring and altering process, job run times, schedules etc. can ensure meeting of SLA’s up to 99%
• Application Stability: Continuous focus on fixing the jobs permanently through corrective and preventive measures, proactive planning for system outages limit the abends and can increase the stability of the application from 98% to 99.5% over a period of time
• Proactive Risk Identification and Mitigation: With insight into the environment and proactive approach of production support team ensures identification of risks and mitigation recommendations in terms of application availability, stability and performance. Analyze all business processes and ensure compliance to all controlled processes according to business requirement.
• Manage and maintain all application documentation
Working closely with internal subject matter experts and other partners to implement production changes and to maintain the health, availability and stability of the supported applications.
Be proactive and strong in self-management of time and work efforts
Strong leadership skills in driving out solutions for requirements and to problems
Strong troubleshooting skills in solving unique and multi-faceted problems
Weekend and/or off hours work for system maintenance and planned events, and on call incident support
Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent diagnostic and problem solving abilities
The ability to work independently in a demanding and complex environment to effectively address multiple priorities
Ability to proactively identify areas of improvement in technologies and processes
Ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of complex issues
College or Technical Degree is preferable
Required Qualifications: Competencies, Skills and Experience:
9+ years of relavent experience within application development or infrastructure
7+ years experience with an application support or production management environment
5+ years hands on experience working with operating systems – Windows, Unix, AIX, Linux
5+ years hands on experience working with databases – MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase
5+ years hands on experience working with middleware – IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, Web Logic
Experience working with other leaders and presenting date/reports
Experience managing aspects of the ITSM process on behalf of a team
Experience leading a team through SDLC or within a production support space
Experience with scripting languages for use with automation – Vbscript, Powershell, Shell
Experience with an enterprise scheduler (Control-M or Autosys), managing job schedules, and file transfer technologies
Experience with monitoring tools, such as Splunk, Wily, Dynatrace
Demonstrated ability to perform log analysis on various platforms
Working knowledge of development languages - .Net, Java/J2EE
Working knowledge of disaster recovery practices and experience with executing DR plans
Knowledge of security practices, including IAM, certificates
Knowledge of ITSM, best practices, and incident/problem analysis
Bachelor’s degress in a computer related field of equipment work experience