Columbus Regional Health Manager - Health Information Department in Columbus, Indiana
Management Full Time, Days, 40
Columbus Regional Health is seeking an experienced leader in the field of Health Information to manage 12+ employees and report to the Director of Health Information/Privacy Officer.
Responsibilities of this department Release of Information, document imaging, and chart completion. The Manager will be repsonsible for knowing, educating, and enforcing all applicable laws and regulations related to Health Information, including HFAP, Indiana State Department of Health, and all federal privacy laws (HIPAA). Responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, reward and recognition of employees, disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Provides confidentiality and privacy training for new employee orientation, as well as privacy back up assistance to the Director of Health Information/Privacy Officer.
This is a full time, salaried position working 40+hours per week. Typically the office hours will be Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, with an HI Leadership on-call rotation occurring in the evenings.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Administration
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Health Information Management Department, with at least 3 years supervisory experience
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, release of information, analysis, and document imaging processes
- Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of HIM, project management, and change management
Req #: 2105