Columbus Regional Health Manager - Health Information Department in Columbus, Indiana
Management Full Time, Days, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ABOUT THE POSITION: full-time, exempt, weekdays, with on-call rotating in the evenings.
Manages and provides leadership to Health Information including management of document imaging, chart completion (analysis), and release of information, . Manages the schedules for the Health Record Specialists, . Responsible for managing resources within the Health Information Department. Is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of the employees in the assigned area. . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, reward and recognition of employees, disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Provides confidentiality and privacy training for new employee orientation, as well as privacy back up assistance to the Director of Health Information/Privacy Officer. This position does not provide direct patient care.
Education and/or Experience and Certification - Require:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Health Information Management or Administration;
- Minimum of five years experience in a Health Information Management Department, with at least three years management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) is required.
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, release of information, analysis, and document imaging processes.
- Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of HIM, project management, and change management.
Req #: 2105