City and County of Denver Plumber - Denver International Airport in Colorado
Denver International Airportis hiring a* Plumber*to join our team. We are looking for a dedicated and experienced plumber to work in the dynamic and ever changing atmosphere of DEN. We are looking for someone who knows everything from wastewater plumbing, to construction plumbing, to preventative maintenance and fire protections systems. Our plumbing team works a broad variety of issues from day-to-day preventative maintenance to emergency response repair in multiple environments from facilities to storm drainage and sewers.
We're looking for people who are team players and enjoy working a variety of hands-on issues in a 24/7/365 operation. You will be working with a team that uses a wide variety of equipment to work on a broad scale of plumbing systems. For example, you could be reading blue prints or repairing pumps; you could be changing a faucet or making an emergency repair to a critical system in airport operations.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 19th-busiest airport in the world and the sixth-busiest airport in the United States, serving more than 54 million passengers each year. DEN is one of the busiest airline hubs in the world's largest aviation market, and the airport is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. Spanning more than 53 square miles, DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States. The airport also includes the Westin Denver International Airport, an on-site hotel and conference center located just steps from the iconic Jeppesen Terminal. The base of the hotel features a rail station that connects the airport with Denver Union Station via the University of Colorado A Line commuter rail service. DEN has the capacity to double in size and is well positioned for future growth as a global gateway to the Rocky Mountain Region and a key link for products and people throughout the world. DEN's total building square footage spans more than 17M square feet and we are in the process of expanding this further.
At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. The successful candidate must demonstrate that these are the core operating principles upon which they have based their career. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
- Performs preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair work on all plumbing systems and fixtures in accordance to agency or department standards and code requirements.
- Installs or alters new or upgraded plumbing systems and fixtures for the purpose of construction, tenant finishing or remodeling according to diagram specifications and code requirements.
- Responds to plumbing service or trouble calls, troubleshoots and provides problem resolution.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs various types of fire protection systems.
- Maintains, tests, and installs devices for the prevention of backflow, back siphonage or cross connection.
- Prepares working sketches and works from blueprints, written, or verbal instructions.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Estimates materials, labor and equipment costs.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair work in a variety of skilled trades areas.
- By position, participates in snow removal duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduation from high school or possession of GED Certificate required.
- Completion of a state recognized apprentice program for plumbers.
Licensure and/or Certification:
- All positions, possession of a valid Journey Plumber's License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application.
- Possession of a valid driver's license at the time of application. Possession of a valid Colorado Class "R" Driver's License prior to the end of probation.
- Possession of a Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the required):
- Experience installing, diagnosing and repairing:
- Sewer Mains / Lines
- Lift Stations
- Fire Protection
- Commercial or Industrial experience Additional Information
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
DEN website: www.flydenver.com City & County of Denver website: www.denvergov.org Living in Denver - Metro Denver website: www.metrodenver.org/living-here City & County of Denver Employee Benefits: www.denvergov.org/benefits
Classification Title: Plumber Agency: Aviation - Denver International Airport To Apply: please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit www.denvergov.org/jobs
Extended Work Hours / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: Mandatory extended/additional hours can be required, as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation, includes nights, weekends and holidays. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties which vary and also include nights, weekends and holidays
Assessments / Testing:This position may require an online or in-person assessment. If testing is required, you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with further information about the testing process after the position has closed. Please add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list and check you spam or junk mail for this email. For a list of positions that require testing and more information about our testing process, click here.
FBI Criminal Background Check required: an FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony conviction and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance / be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Pre-employment Screening:An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here.
Probationary Period:This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.
*The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law. *
Salary: $48,048.00 - $70,150.00 Annually
Job Type: Unlimited Regular
Job Number: 34559 14933 T
Location: 80249, CO
Department: Aviation (DIA)
Closing: 12/11/2016 12:00 AM Mountain