USM, An EMCOR Company Project Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dynalectric Colorado, a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading electrical contractors, meeting the needs of Colorado since 1951. Dynalectric Colorado has been successful by following the principles of superior service, technological leadership, and a strong commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
The Project Engineer (PE) position is responsibleto work collaboratively with internal administration, support and technical personnel, as well as external customers in coordinating electrical construction activities to meet both project and company objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Commit to on-going growth and learning.
- Assist in set up and maintain job files in accordance with established filing procedures.
- Type correspondence, reports and other items requested.
- Prepare, log and submit shop drawings. Keep PM informed of approval status. Make necessary corrections and resubmit if required.
- With Project Manager oversight, prepare, price and negotiate change orders with clients
- Prepare layout drawings and other documents including CAD drafted documents
- Prepare and maintain detailed CPM schedules
- Attend, provide input and defend Dynalectric’s position in project meetings
- Represent Dynalectric in a professional manner
- Assist PM with job cost breakdown.
- Assist PM in coordinating and scheduling deliveries.
- Assist PM with changer orders. Provide accounting department with all necessary cost and contract updates.
- Keep as-built drawings current.
- Submit RFI’s for PM and maintain RFI log.
- Prepare and submit final closeout documents, as-builts and O&M;’s.
- Obtain building and fire alarm permits.
- Will assist with new-hire orientation when required.
- Will assist field employees with MOP’s and other related paperwork.
- Follow up on plans, submittals, O&M;’s and permit status
- Input change order estimates into Accubid Change Order for job cost breakdown and submit changes to the Accounting department in spreadsheet format
- Track job codes for labor.
- Track the rental equipment used on the jobs.
- Stamp all incoming correspondence received and dated – including mail and drawings
- Audit Purchase Orders against the packing slips and resolve any discrepancies
- Place job site material orders as needed
- Create and distribute daily and weekly job reports to the General Contractor as needed.
- Update and maintain the Material Safety Data Sheet Manuals on site.
- Maintain a serial letter log and transmittal log for all outgoing correspondence.
- Assist others as required to maintain a smooth workflow in the office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or computer keyboards. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to regularly commute to jobsite locations, industry meetings and events, client meetings and interviews. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Project Engineer
Date Posted: 7/29/2016
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1354742276