Colorado Springs Utilities Planner Analyst Senior- Field Engineering North in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Position Number: 401518
Posting Close Date: 10/30/16
Pay Range: $37.33 to $42.93
Job Type: Skilled Trades & Craft
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 11:59pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Planner Analyst Senior- Field Engineering North
The Planner Analyst Senior role in the Field Engineering North Department is a great opportunity to utilize your analytical and planning experience, coupled with your aptitude for data quality control activities and reporting. You will be responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and analyzing engineering data. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating and tracking Maximo work orders for the Field Engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work requires knowledge and use of work management processes, including planning, scheduling and processing of work orders
- Work requires the application of standard planning tools, including engineering work standards and scheduling techniques and methods; may involve substantial evaluation, analysis, and modification of standards in problem solving
- Provide labor and vehicle estimates for Field Engineering final project estimates
- Provide long range backlog and scheduling to coordinate with other departments
- Initiating and participating in cost studies and equipment recommendations, manufacturing cost control and reduction, and other engineering and economic studies
- Monitors multiple long term capital programs in accordance to analyzing costs preparing monthly reports
- Coordinates and oversees work management activities; performs cost and data analysis
- Providing technical direction to small group of professional, craft, and/or support personnel including other Planner Analysts
- Maintaining and updating work management system and related records and reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
What does it take to be successful in this role? The ideal candidate will offer a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a Planner Analyst as well as the successful completion of a certified apprenticeship program. Those who do not possess journey level experience typically will have completed a relevant Bachelor’s degree. We are most interested in your experience in the following so be sure to highlight it on your application and/or resume:
- Knowledge and experience with construction and maintenance methods, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Engineering work management, measurements, principles and techniques
- Skilled at scheduling, planning, forecasting and analyzing weekly job schedules
- Evaluating and developing processes and procedures
- Working in and leading teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills a applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer hardware and software skills including: Maximo, MS Word, MS Access and MS Excel
- An excellent safety record and demonstrated safety behaviors in support of an incident and injury free workplace
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential! For more information and to apply, visit jobs.csu.org.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
If you cannot remember which email address you used for your login profile, please email email@example.com and include your full name and phone number.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice:
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/ .
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. - You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel - NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.