Kratos Technology & Training Solutions NDS Senior SATCOM Data Analyst in Colorado Springs, Colorado
SAT Corporation, (A wholly owned Kratos Company) is a trusted global satellite communications monitoring, interference detection and geolocation company. SAT Corporation is committed to developing industry practices and new technologies to reduce the costly effects of unwanted interference. SAT Corporations products, SAT-DSA, Monics, satID, and SigMon use patented algorithms, complex science and cutting edge technology to monitor satellite communications for Quality of Service; identifying anomalies, including secondary signals, and geolocating sources of interference. SAT Corporation is also leading the efforts behind streamlining network operations and services/content insight.
The qualified candidate will:
- Perform data exploration and evaluations resulting from RF monitoring and geolocation data sources
- Analytical ability to gather, interpret data and generate key metrics for expanded Space Situational Awareness
- Perform data analytics highlighting specific event activity, trending across customer regions, patterns, signatures, and other insights on monitored bandwidth
- Identify opportunities in predictive analysis, trending of interference events, and other assessments
- Pursue Business Development (BD) initiatives to assess and develop a DOD based market for data products based on passive RF data collection of commercial and military communication satellites
- Collaborate with BD/Sales personnel on proposals and provide technical content
Experience and Skills:
- Candidate will have Bachelor of Science degree in related technical discipline and/or 5 years direct work experience. Will consider prior military service and/or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum five years operations experience in C, Ku, X and Ka band Satellite Terminals and Networks
- Knowledge of commercial and military satellite SATCOM, RF signal monitoring, Signal Analysis and Geolocation
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting large data sets; drawing conclusions / trends based on temporal, geographic and user patterns
- Knowledge of the technical characteristics of commercial and military satellites, including frequency plans, payload configurations, antenna coverage patterns and transponder interconnectivity and characteristics.
- Developed Business Development and customer interaction skills
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to multitask
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Project Management experience including schedule and finances for projects with a team size of 3-4 people
- Experience in customer support and interaction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to defined suspenses
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required. SAT Corporation offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! EOE M/F/D/V. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: SAT: 16-008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 22, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP