Leidos Systems Engineer-IT Mgr in Clarksburg, West Virginia
• At least four years of prior IT systems engineering management experience leading teams;
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics;
• Current DoD Secret clearance; ability to obtain DoD Top Secret clearance within reasonable timeframe;
• Experience in evaluating system architectures, recommending change, and communicating recommendations to senior management and customers; Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance within reasonable timeframe;
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management;
• Demonstrated performance leading IT services delivery and achieving service level agreements;
• Experience in web services and virtualization;
• Expertise with products/tools such as Oracle 12, Red Hat Linux, Windows Server, Java, Splunk, and Solar Winds;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Perform as Systems Engineering Manager for a centralized DOD biometric repository that provides ingestion, storage, processing, matching, managing, and sharing of biometrics data across DOD, Federal agencies, and international partners. We are looking for an experienced manager with extensive expertise in system architecture and high-availability solutions; system design, test, implementation, and sustainment operations; planning/executing for innovation and technology refresh; data center operations; cloud computing; and interoperability in a secure environment.
Specific duties include:
• Develop and apply Systems Engineering Management Plan to address all sustainment and system engineering activities;
• Develop system engineering WBS, plan and oversee execution of projects in accordance with budget, schedule, and quality;
• Develop and apply design/engineering documents such as System Architecture, System/Sub-system Design, Interface Control, and System Implementation Guide
• Conduct/support design and requirements reviews;
• Support Disaster Recovery planning and testing
• Ensure effective system operations, establishing necessary processes and team coordination;
• Meet or exceed all assigned contractual SLAs; Ensure effective system operation;
• Address technology refreshment for hardware and software components;
• Assess requirements and allocate them to the functional and technical baselines;
• Develop/review engineering change proposals and provide verified cost estimates;
• Responsible for quality, on-schedule completion of all assigned deliverables;
• Provide accurate, concise reporting to management and customer.
Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company’s 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location(s): Clarksburg West Virginia