Integer Lean Facilitator in Clarence, New York
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate the creation and implementation of continuous improvement plans based on the Lean Principles and Fundamental Concepts, provide lean training across Integer, and provide guidance for successful implementation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Works with the Plant’s Leadership team to perform gap assessments on the Plant’s manufacturing system, create current and future state value stream maps, and develop Lean improvement plans and schedules.
3. Leads cross-functional teams through kaizen events and the implementation of the lean toolset (e.g. cellular flow, line balancing, standard work, 5S, material and information flow, total productive maintenance, quick change-over.)
4. Leads cross functional teams through kaizen events for business processes.
5. Provides training, mentoring and facilitation on the lean toolset.
6. Acts as plant expert and business consultant in lean manufacturing.
7. Provides ongoing communication to plant and group management on Lean initiatives. Provides progress reports on the plant’s lean initiatives
8. Ensures that workshop activities address all Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost requirements.
9. Interacts with plant’s black belt and other members of continuous improvement team to define targets cost saving and lean projects that improve tie value stream.
10. Establishes best practices for the business. Works with other Lean Facilitators across business units to calibrate and establishes Integer standards and guidelines for lean implementation.
11. Performs other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. Degree in Industrial Engineering desirable. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience : 7 years of experience. Minimum of 3 years implementing lean improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Specialized Knowledge : Lean manufacturing concepts including time studies, value stream mapping, pull systems, problem solving and 5S.
- Special Skills : Strong written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to lead team activities; excellent problem solving skills; strong computer and presentation skills.
Training experience helpful.
Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Clarence,NY
- Job Type: Other
- Experience: At least 7 year(s)
- Date Posted: 5/19/2017