Indian Health Service Medical Officer (Hospitalist) in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Claremore, OK
- Lawton, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Saturday 10/1/2016 (144 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 2/28/2017 (6 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a Medical Officer (Hospitalist) for the Lawton or Claremore Indian Hospital. This position reports to the Clinical Director of the facility.
*This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur.
*Your application will expire in 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.
This position is being announced concurrently under ESEP/MP procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1813491-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Serves as a Hospitalist physician by performing diagnosis and treatment of patients commensurate within his/her specialty training, education and experience.
- Documents in the patient electronic health record ensuring appropriate medical records are maintained and updated within 24 hours.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families with multiple health problems in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Responds to medical emergency situations throughout the hospital.
- Serves as back-up to emergency room physicians as needed.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses may be authorized and will be paid if approved. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must possess and maintain a current valid unrestricted medical license.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
BASIC REQUIREMENT (A-C):
Applicants must possess and provide documentation of the following basic requirements: A: Degree as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate. AND B: Residency Certification: At least three years of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., 3 years of residency in an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine training program at an institution accredited for such training). Include only those internships, residencies, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Applicant must submit copies of internship, residency, and/or fellowship certificates totaling three years. AND C: Medical License: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to the requirements listed above you must meet the following qualifications at the grade level(s) you are applying to: The residency requirements for residency certification listed above meets the requirements for the* GS-13* grade level.
To qualify for the* GS-14* grade level: At least one full year of specialized experience practicing as a Hospitalist Physician providing comprehensive inpatient medical care services to patients of all ages.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment Incentives: Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized. At least a 6 month service agreement will be required. Incentives may include a recruitment or relocation incentive up to 25% (subject to eligibility and approval) and Supplemental or National Student Loan Repayment incentives. The Indian Health Service (IHS), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit: For IHS - http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment/ For NHSC - https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepaymemt/
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required: Selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal Influenza immunization: Required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $100,957.00 to $264,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-13/14
Promotion Potential: 14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 452254600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1813493-DHA