Indian Health Service Medical Officer (Administration-Adult Medicine) in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Claremore, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Thursday 1/7/2016 (288 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/23/2016 (63 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
*This is an Open Until Filled job announcement.* The following cut-off dates will be used to issue a certificate of eligibles: 1st and 15th of every month, until the position has been filled. Please ensure applications are complete and required documents are submitted before the cut-off dates to receive full consideration.
This position serves as the Physician and the Department Head of Adult Medicine at Claremore Indian Hospital located in Claremore, OK. This position reports to the Clinical Director of Claremore Indian Hospital.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service/Merit Promotion procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-R1-OK-1576200-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered for both.
- Provides clinical oversight and supervision of medical providers in the medical care of adult patients.
- Directs work assignments and approves leave for the providers in the ambulatory Adult Medicine Clinic and the day and night Hospitalist providers delivering inpatient care.
- Provides direct medical care to adult patients.
- Mentors Adult Medicine medical staff and other care team members on developing effective customer care relationships.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience. Applicants must possess and provide documentation of the following basic requirements: Basic Requirements A-C: A. A Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts (official transcripts must be provided before EOD) showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate. AND B. Medical License: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND C. Graduate Training: Atleast a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or American Medical Association (AMA).
In addition to the requirements listed above you must meet the following qualifications at the grade level(s) you are applying to:
GS-15: 5 years of residency training in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or an applicable residency for providing primary care to Adult patients or have equivalent specialist experience and training. A physician at this level assumes responsibility for diagnosis, prevention, therapy, maintenance and rehabilitation of patients in the capacity of senior specialist or expert.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty.
For information on Foreign Education click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 23, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selections may be made on this vacancy announcement at anytime.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit. Recruitment Incentives: Incentives may include a recruitment or relocation incentive up to 25% (subject to eligibility and approval) and Supplemental or National Student Loan Repayment incentives. Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Pay will be determined in accordance with the corresponding Title 38 pay ranges based on the specialty of this position and your residency.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
- Performs medically related or patient care assignments that may involve working in other service units or facilities on an emergency or contingency basis.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- These positions are covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents, above.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $230,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-15/15
Promotion Potential: 15
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 425902300
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R1-OK-1573440-DHA