Washington State Psychiatrist 4 - CBCC (Clallam Bay, WA) in Clallam Bay, Washington
Psychiatrist - Part time Clallam Bay Corrections Center (CBCC) Clallam Bay, WA
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for a part time (.5) Psychiatrist vacancy at the Clallam Bay Corrections Center located in Clallam Bay, WA. This recruitment will remain open until filled.
The Department has several options for providing mental health care to those who require treatment. All major institutions can provide temporary or short-term in-patient psychiatric care for crisis management and stabilization. In our continuing efforts to improve our comprehensive system of care, initiative and clinical leadership are highly prized.
Clallam Bay Corrections Center (CBCC) is 900 bed male facility located on the point of the Olympic Peninsula. It is 50 miles west of Port Angeles and looks out over the Strait of Juan de Fuca at Vancouver Island. This facility houses medium and close custody offenders. CBCC also operates an Intensive Management Unit and is developing step down programming to assist offenders in returning successfully to general population.
Conduct psychiatric evaluations, prescribe appropriate medication and monitor the psychiatric care of patients, both in the general population and the inpatient units. Act in a leadership role to set and maintain standards of psychiatric care for the offenders within the facility. Consult with and advise physicians, psychologists, pharmacists, nurses and institutional administrative staff on matters relating to psychiatric services. Serve as a leader on the mental health team. Work with practitioners across the state to assure best utilization of our statewide system of care.
- Board certified or eligible for certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc.
- Current (or the ability to obtain prior to hire) Washington Physician and Surgeon Licensure
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience in directing medical operations.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of individuals ranging from correctional administrator and staff, health care professionals to patient advocates and other laypersons. Supplemental Information
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. *Phone number *AND_ email address are required for all professional references._
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 407-5748. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $86.18 - $113.10 Hourly
Location: Clallam County - Clallam Bay, WA
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2013-05888
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact