PNC Loan Support Associate in Cincinnati, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101030 Loan Support Assoc
Executes standard transactions/processes utilizing standard procedures. May have specific responsibility for specialized product or functional area. May have responsibility for assigned accounts or portfolio.
Processes and/or reconciles transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Partners with internal and/or external business partners to route communications, documents or other action items to complete transactions. Identifies and may address or resolve exceptions; escalates appropriately. May interact with customers and have assigned accounts or portfolio.
Ensures the appropriate materials and documentation are available to complete transactions.
Provides responses and documentation to inquiries and ad hoc requests. Completes research and provides feedback on workflow and work received.
Reviews transactions and related documents and verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels and applicable policies and procedures.
OH - Cincinnati
Loan Support Associate
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
OH939 - Gest Street Cincinnati
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday to Friday 8 am to 5pm, until training is complete, then some flexibility will be available
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cincinnati
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, however may require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically <1 year of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Products and Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Standard Operating Procedures - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Basic Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Problem Management Process - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Operational Functions - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Loan Support Associate, you will be focused on Commercial Lending customers where you are a member of PNC's C&IB Equipment Finance Team of more than 300 professionals. You will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio, at our Gest Street Facility, which offers free, secure on-site parking and is on the Metro Bus Line.
This role is heavy in Title and Collateral Administration associated with vehicles, watercraft (USCG) and Uniform Commercial Code filing. Experience in this space is highly desirable.
Notary within Hamilton County is desired, but not required at hire. If resident of Hamilton County, you will be required to obtain your Notary, at PNC Cost.
Microsoft Excel and Word Proficiency is required.