Danaher Corporation Engineering Co-op - Summer 2017 in Cincinnati, Ohio
Danaher Company Description
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
This position is for the May to August 2017 timeframe. Housing assistance may be provided on a case-by-case basis.
Engineering Co-ops work with cross-functional product development teams on all aspects of complex projects related to product design and development, with a focus on applying engineering fundamentals in a professional environment.
* /Team Member/- works in a learning mode on a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process. Includes planning and executing projects from concept through the launch and initial production ramp-up. Support and/or lead product changes after launch based on defined needs of the business.
* /Execute Design Process/- works closely with other members of the team and suppliers (e.g., component, assembly equipment) to develop products with a focus on manufacturability and assembly.
* /Evaluate Design/- with guidance from other team members, performs component and assembly evaluations and qualifications and development of product and process validation plans and testing.
* /Prototype and Ensure Manufacturability/- with guidance from other team members, works with design engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with manufacturability and works with other team members to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
* /Flexible/- with feedback and guidance from other team members plans and prioritizes multiple activities and tasks.
* Other duties as assigned.
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge
* Expected to develop a working knowledge of our product lines as well as various anatomies and pathologies.
* Mechanical Design – Familiarity with mechanical processes and capabilities that impact design.
* Design Control – Application of design controls and development processes.
* Interpersonal Skills * Presentation Skills * Initiative * Problem Solving * Decision Making
* Adaptability * Trust and Integrity * Collaboration and Teamwork
* Customer Orientation
* Business Acumen * Computer Skills – Proficient computer system based tools including Microsoft Office applications, presentation, e-mail, web browsers and spreadsheet software. Skilled in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (e.g., SolidWorks). Travel * May be required to travel up to 5% of the time. * Typical work related travel assignments range 1-3 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays may be required as need arises. Work Environment And Physical Demands * Typical office environment * Laboratory Environment - Observing GLP and GMP methodologies and best practices (stereoscopes, hi-speed motion equipment, air flow testers, mechanical test machines) * Use of mechanical hand tools and device assembly equipment * Physical Demands - standing, sitting, lifting (less than 35lbs), carting, etc. 2-5 times per day * Job accommodations will be considered if needed
Experience * Previous Co-op experience in an engineering function is strongly preferred. * Experience in medical device and/or product development is preferred. Education * Matriculated Student working toward a Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, or related field equivalent with mechanical emphasis is required. * Minimum GPA 3.0 within curriculum required. Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a rapidly growing company, Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is always interested in talented people. We are currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates expressing interest in the openings listed. Due to the large number of inquiries we are not able to accept unsolicited resumes for unspecified or non-posted positions. Our postings change regularly, please check back again.
To Apply: Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As an employee of our organization, you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, complete the on-line application and submit your resume for consideration. If your background and skills are suitable for consideration for this position, you will be contacted for further information.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Devicor Medical Products, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-United States
Req ID: MAM000301