Procter & Gamble Brand Management - Category Media Expert in Cincinnati, Ohio
For over 175 years, P&G has created some of the world’s most successful brands. From consumer insights to world class design, marketing and communication, the Brand function is the “heartbeat” of the Company with unmatched opportunity to take on new challenges each and every day.
We believe in serving the consumer and ensuring our organization, talent and brand building reflects the diversity and needs of the approximate 5 billion people around the world we serve through our brands. We value leadership as well as mastery and offer fulfilling career opportunities that make us an unbeatable force in our industry.
Our brand building is multi-disciplined, seamless and focused on delivering outstanding business results with opportunities in the Brand disciplines of Brand Management, Consumer & Market Knowledge, Communications and Design. Beyond these discipline career opportunities in Brand, opportunities exist for higher level Management opportunities in the function that can also lead to General Management at P&G.
P&G invented the concept of brand and brand management. Over the years, we've remained on the cutting edge of marketing, always finding new and leading-edge ways of reaching consumers.
The Brand Management function produces the majority of the company’s General Managers and future CEO’s. P&G Brand Management is about growing our Brands, Business and People.They are accountable for all aspects of the brand. They develop strategies based around the “WHO, WHAT, HOW" framework. In Brand Management, you will identify the target demographic (WHO), define what product/messaging best meets her needs (WHAT) in order to determine what vehicle (HOW) is most effective in delivering the message to consumers. The HOW is becoming increasingly digital in nature, and our brand managers are expected to be savvy in the latest digital advertising tools in addition to traditional advertising vehicles. Over the years, we’ve remained consistently on the cutting edge of marketing, always finding new and exciting ways of reaching consumers.
P&G's marketing philosophy can be summed up in the simple phrase: "Receptive messages in receptive moments." We believe we have two moments to touch consumers: when they choose the product in the store and when they use it at home – what we call the "two moments of choice". The first moment is what we focus on seriously when marketing products. But we also need to reach consumers in over-saturated markets. To narrow in and strengthen advertising effectiveness, P&G employs another principle, "What, Who, How." As a P&G marketer, you will pinpoint a product's image (what) and target demographic (who) in order to determine what vehicle (how) is most effective in relaying their message to consumers.
Passion for and a breadth of experience in Media, including TV/video, mobile, banner, search, social, publishing, programmatic and branded entertainment. Intermediate to advanced understanding of all/most media vehicles and channels, or, in-depth understanding of digital media with basic understanding of other types of media
Proven results in the application of media analytics to make recommendations and optimize plans.
Expertise in translating brand strategy into media strategy and plans; learn and optimize based upon in market results.
Working understanding of the typical processes and tools utilized by buying/investment teams across all media types, particularly TV, publishing, programmatic buying, reserve digital, social and search.
Foundational marketing acumen.
The Media Expert will sit with the Category Brand Teams and lead the team’s thinking in the media space. He/she will leverage their media expertise to enable robust media plan strategy and development, help ensure sufficient reach and drive targeting choices, evaluate media opportunities, track media performance and continually optimize the media plan. He/she will educate the brand team and work as their partner to create a winning media plan that drives brand and business objectives. The Expert will bridge the gap between Media Agency and Brand to ensure seamless understanding and best in class thinking. He/she will also have a strong link to NA Media (NAMM) team to further develop their expertise, understand and share feedback on media capabilities, and to better enable strong media and media innovation plans. In order to facilitate this, all experts will be part of a “NA Media Forum” led by NA Media (Lauren Hoenig), which will also enable Media Experts to connect across all categories.
This Role will require the individual to:
• Apply critical thinking, strong problem-solving and expert media skills to drive Brand growth.
• Apply media expertise to lead and develop best in class media plans, approaches and delivery.
• Navigate effectively through complex issues, leveraging expertise and business understanding to recommend solutions. Gain alignment to recommendation and oversee execution.
• Manage multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities, balancing short and long term needs and implications.
• Creatively envision solutions that meet the needs of the business
• Build brand capability through brand education and regular leadership connects
• Connect business needs with central P&G capabilities and provide input to development of future P&G capabilities
• Continuously learn and build media expertise while becoming fluent in “P&G”
Business/Personal Skills Required:
• Results driven: Bias for action
• Amazing communication skills: Able to influence and educate by presenting multiple viewpoints
• Team orientation: Approachable; motivated by team result. Skilled at bringing groups together for a common goal
• Flexible and adaptable: Comfortable changing goals and processes to meet business needs
• Intellectually curious: Thirst for learning and for continual improvement
• Strong analytics background: Able to triangulate between data, brand goals and opportunities. Comfortable with pulling data and building a story
• Operates with Discipline: Relentless attention to Detail and Strong Project Management Skills
• Open: Willing to learn and embrace a new corporate culture
Ideal Career Background:
· Bachelor’s or MBA
· 5-7 Years Agency Experience working with a range of clients
Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, the Beauty industry and/or other fast-moving, consumer facing spaces are preferred.
You will lead a mix of Marketing and Brand Management projects enabling you to showcase yourbreadth and depth of leadership, strategic & analytical thinking, in-touch and innovative skills . We're looking for top talented people that have experiences in these skill areas, along withcollaboration, priority setting, being in-touch , etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Job: Marketing/Brand Management
Title: Brand Management - Category Media Expert
Requisition ID: BRM00000627