Indian Health Service Pharmacist, GS-0660 11/12 - Direct Hire in Cibecue, Arizona
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Cibecue, AZ
- Whiteriver, AZ
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Wednesday 11/11/2015 (349 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 11/10/2016 (16 day(s) away)
Positions are Filled as Vacancies Occur.
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for anticipated or future vacancies at the Whiteriver Service Unit in Whiteriver, Arizona or Cibecue Health Center in Cibecue, Arizona. Candidates with a complete application may be considered for positions that match the desired specialties and/or job preferences. Positions may be filled at any of the grade levels indicated in this announcement, with or without promotion potential, as vacancies occur.
For information on the IHS, visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, the Whiteriver PHS Indian Hospital is a 40-bed hospital and provides ambulatory and inpatient services for 17,000 White Mountain Apache Tribal Members and 4,000 Native Americans living in the surrounding areas. The Cibecue Health Center, located 50 miles northwest of Whiteriver, provides outpatient, urgent care, dental, and community health services to 1,800 residents of Cibecue and Carrizo.
PERIOD OF ELIGIBILITY: Applications will remain eligible for three months from the time the application is received.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: U.S. Citizens, current and former Competitive Service Federal employees, active U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, Indian Preference candidates, and Veterans Preference candidates.
APPOINTMENT:Positions may be filled as Permanent, Term, or Temporary appointments. The Agency has the option of extending Term appointments for up to four years.
WORK SCHEDULE: Positions may be filled as Full-Time, Part-Time, or Intermittent work schedules. Positions may be Rotating Shifts, Nights, Weekends, or Holidays.
GS-11 - $82,897 - $98,440
GS-12 - $99,361 - $117,991
RECRUITMENT BONUS: Recruitment bonus, up to 25%, may be authorized subject to availability and approval. If offered, you will be required to sign a 1-year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement may result in repayment of recruitment bonus.
GOVERNMENT HOUSING: Government housing may be available.
- Responsible for proper interpretation of prescriptions and the dispensing of prescribed products, including the review of labeling needs for specifying directions for use and precautions as necessary to assure proper protection of the contents and to the patient.
- Provide specialized services to assist patients with managing conditions such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure and other chronic illness.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug therapy and usage, drug interactions side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug therapy and usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Maintain records such as pharmacy files, patient records, inventories, and control records for narcotics or controlled drugs.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by physicians, dentists, and other license practitioners by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- May serve as a pharmacy consultant and advisor to such groups as the therapeutic agents committee, the hospital research committee, and the infection control committee.
- Not Required
- May be required to trave to Cibeque Health Center.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: All pharmacists must meet all three of the following basic requirements:
Degree:Bachelor's or higher graduate degree in Pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure:Active license to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Medical Requirement:Must be able to distinguish basic colors.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS In addition to the above, Pharmacists must meet the following requirements:
For GS-11: Completion of a six year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree, or Completion of a professional Pharmacy educational program and one one year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-9 performing duties such as filling prescriptions in a hospital, clinic, or privacy pharmacy. Skill in computers and electronic health information systems highly desirable.
For GS-12: One year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-11.
New Graduates: Applications will be accepted from applicants who are in their final year of their Doctor of Pharmacy program. Such applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting all position requirements before they can enter on duty.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Immunization against Measles and Rubella required; influenza vaccine is recommended.
- 1 year probationary period for initial appointment to Federal service.
- Position covered by P.L. 101-630, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act
- Must have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment
- May obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse action, up to and including removal from Federal service.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive unstructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated fater you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; or you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement. Multiple position types may be filled from this announcement during the term of the open period. Qualified applicants will be referred at the request of the selecting official upon a vacancy. Those candidates who have complete application packets on file as of each request date will receive full consideration for the vacant position. Your name will be referred to those positions that match your job preferences.
Your application will remain active for three months after date of receipt by this office. It will be removed from consideration after the three months have lapsed and placed in an inactive file. If you want further consideration, after this period, then you must re-apply to the announcement and update any application documents as required.
You can view our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
NOTE: Part-Time employees pay a proportionately higher premium for benefits than Full-Time employees. Additionally, earned Annual and Sick Leave balances will be pro-rated based upon the number of hours worked. Intermittent employees are not eligible for either health or life insurance coverage (subject to specific conditions) and do not accrue Sick or Annual Leave.
IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The IHS has a student loan repayment program for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on Agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information, please visit: http://www.ihs.gov/careeropps/loanrepayment/
IHS Operated Properties are Tobacco-Free
Salary Range: $82,897.00 to $117,991.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 417609300
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-PX-1522444-DHA