Indian Health Service Nurse/Clinical Nurse (Development), GS-0610-05/07-Direct Hire in Cibecue, Arizona
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Cibecue, AZ
- Whiteriver, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 11/11/2015 (346 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 11/10/2016 (19 day(s) away)
Positions are Filled as Vacancies Occur.
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for anticipated or future vacancies at the Whiteriver Service Unit in Whiteriver, Arizona or Cibecue Health Center in Cibecue, Arizona. Candidates with a complete application may be considered for positions that match the desired specialties and/or job preferences. Positions may be filled at any of the grade levels indicated in this announcement, with or without promotion potential, as vacancies occur.
For Information on the IHS, visit http://www.ihs.gov
Accredited by The Joint Commission, the Whiteriver PHS Indian Hospital is a 40-bed hospital and provides ambulatory and inpatient services for 17,000 Mountain Apache Tribal Members and 4,000 Native Americans living in the surrounding areas. The Cibecue Health Center, located 50 miles southwest of Whiteriver, provides outpatient, urgent care, dental, and community health services to 1,400 residents of Cibecue and Carrizo.
PERIOD OF ELIGIBILITY:Applications will remain eligible for three months from the time the application is received.
APPOINTMENT:Positions may be filled as Permanent, Term, or Temporary appointments. The Agency has the option of extending Term appointments for up to 4 years.
GS-05 - $48,785 - $56,522
GS-07 - $52,514 - $63,017
RECRUITMENT BONUS:Recruitment bonus up to 25%, may be authorized subject to availability and approval. If offered, you will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement may result in repayment of recruitment bonus.
GOVERNMENT HOUSING: Government housing may be available
Specialty areas are in Outpatient Department, Family Care Unit (Inpatient Medical/Surgical unit, Diabetes Management Department, Emergency Department, and Community Health (Intern) Nursing Department
- Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient needs and problems, and to develop, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- Provides professional nursing care to meet age specific physical, emotional, spiritual and socio-cultural needs of the patient by means of direct care and teaching.
- Care is provided consistent with lifetime development stages.
- Observes and assess patient's clinical condition.
- Recognizes, identifies and interprets serious situations, and immediately implements proper actions.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, suction, blood glucose monitors, humidifiers, nebulizers, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, respiratory care/treatment, and other care procedures.
- Receives orientation and guidance on health facility organization and operations in order to establish working relationships with nurses, physicians, nursing assistants and other members of the health care team in allied disciplines.
- Completes WRSU required training, and participates in Performance Improvement Activities for the Nursing Program.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required to travel to Cibecue Health Center
- Moving expenses may or may not be authorized and is subject to availability and approval. If offered, you will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active unrestricted nursing license
BASIC REQUIREMENTS:All nurses (development) must meet the following basic requirements:
Degree:Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed.
License:Active unrestricted nursing license as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a Territory of the United States.
ADDITONAL REQUIREMENTS:In addition to the above, nurses (development) must also meet the following requirements for the GS-05 level and above.
GS-05: Applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements may qualify for positions at this grade level.
- Completion of a program of less than 30 months duration or Associates Degree and one (1) year of professional nursing, or
- At least the GS-04 grade level Practical Nursing experience under the supervision of a professional Nurse, or
- Completion of a program of at least 30 month's duration, or four (4) years above high school, or Bachelors Degree.
GS-07:Applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements may qualify for positions at this grade level.
- Completion of a professional nursing program and one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade level, or
- One (1) full year of graduate education of Bachelor's Degree with Superior Academic Achievement.
Examples of Specialized Experience:Work experience reflecting knowledge of hospital policy and procedures relating to patient care.Work experience in managing patient care in varying medical situations.Work experience in treating patients in an emergency room with acute injuries, critical illnesses, and other potentially life-threatening conditions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Immunization against Measles and Rubella required; influenza vaccine is recommended.
1-2 year probationary period for initial appointment to Federal service.
Position covered by P.L. 101-630, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
Must have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
May drive U.S. Government vehicle and must have a current, unrestricted drivers license.
May obtain and maintain clinical privileges.If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse action, up to and including removal from Federal service.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; or you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement. Multiple position types may be filled from this announcement during the term of the open period. Qualified applicants will be referred at the request of the selecting official upon a vacancy. Those candidates who have complete application packets on file as of each request date will receive full consideration for the vacant position. Your name will be referred to those positions that match your job preferences.
Your application will remain active for three months after date of receipt by this office. It will be removed from consideration after the three months have lapsed and placed in an inactive file. If you want further consideration, after this period, then you must re-apply to the announcement and update any application documents as required
- You can view our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
- Annual continuing educaiton available at most sites.
NOTE: Part-Time employees pay a proportionately higher premium for benefits than Full-Time employees. Additionally, earned Annual and Sick Leave balances will be pro-rated based upon the number of hours worked. Intermittent employees are not eligible for either health or life insurance coverage (subject to specific conditions) and do not accrue Sick or Annual Leave.
Current or Former Federal Employee - Please upload your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The IHS has a student loan repayment program for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on Agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information, please visit: http://www.ihs.gov/careeropps/loanrepayment/
IHS Operated Properties are Tobacco-Free
Salary Range: $48,044.00 to $63,017.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-05/07
Promotion Potential: 9
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: All groups of qualified individuals
Control Number: 417530900
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-PX-1509937-DHA