Revenue Solutions, Inc. Websphere Portal Administrator in Chicago, Illinois
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Websphere Portal Administrator
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
RSI is looking for an experienced WebSphere Portal Administrator to join our team of consultants and technical specialists implementing RSI’s Revenue Premier® Integrated Tax Processor solution at our client site in Chicago, Illinois. This position will focus on technical configuration and support of IBM WebSphere portal applications and general Windows Server system administration. All Revenue Premier® product offerings are built in an n-tier client-server environment using an ASP.NET/C# front-end and a Java/J2EE back-end on an Oracle or SQL Server database.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Installing, deploying, debugging, testing and administering WebSphere portal software
• Providing enterprise-wide system and network support in a mature enterprise environment
• Troubleshooting system issues and working with client resources to resolve
• Assisting with the assessment of application architecture and integration of authentication/ functionality/ approach to the client environments
• Providing technical advice and guidance for WebSphere Portal developers and WebSphere Portal Administrators
• Representing RSI at client meetings, technical discussions, etc.
This position is based at our client site in Chicago, IL.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
• 6+ years relevant work experience
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
• Strong IBM WebSphere Portal version 8 administration skills
• Familiarity with systems/process integration, web services architecture, network architecture, and network security
• Experience with Windows operating systems.
• Experience with DataPower and IBM Integration Bus a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Professional demeanor
• Outstanding ability to listen and really "hear" the customer
• Content Management, XML access