Macy's Seasonal Holiday Food Expeditor, Part Time: Macy’s State Street in Chicago, Illinois
Overview:The Seasonal Food Expeditor’s primary responsibility is to provide service by delivering food and beverage orders to customers and maintaining a clean and stocked dining room. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Delivers food and beverage orders quickly and efficiently to customers and ensure orders are accurate and meet presentation standards
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Clear and maintain tables according to company standards
- Responsible for recycling where applicable
- Perform daily cleaning tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ensure dining room is prepared for inviting customer service experience
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Perform cashier duties when needed
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. . Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: Extended periods of standing and walking are required. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be required. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
*This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment* .
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job: Restaurant/Food Service - Back of House
Req ID: 71251751