Macy's Macy's State Street, Chicago, IL: Specialized Selling Manager in Chicago, Illinois
* Job Overview: *
As a Manager of WGR, MS@M and Connect@Macy’s (in applicable stores), you are responsible for driving a total store selling and service culture in an omni environment. You will directly supervise, lead and develop a team that includes Stylists, WGR Advisors and Connect@Macy’s Supervisors/Associates to create an enhanced shopping experience throughout the store. Additionally, you will develop partnerships with store leadership while coaching MAGIC selling behaviors and utilizing technology to drive store sales.
Essential Functions: *
• Lead and directly supervise team to offer specialized service to all customers including: Customers seeking assistance including BOPS pickups My Stylist@Macy’s clientele selling and Corporate Sales client base WGR selling to gift-givers and registering couples In-store events • Position will focus on driving sales by creating an omni-channel experience utilizing tablets, kiosks, apps, appointment setting tools, etc.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: • Drive and exceed Connect, WGR and MS@M goals. Coach the team to deliver MAGIC through quality relationships, sales and registrations • Lead the specialized selling team to emerge as selling leaders within the store • Connect the appropriate associate to match the customer’s needs
REQUIRED QUALITIES: • Has “results matter” drive and excellent follow-through; must be extremely detail oriented • Takes ownership role for achieving goals • Has ability to drive incremental business through in-store partnerships, with industry experts and community contacts • Excellent communication and organizational skills • Demonstrates understanding of the importance of the omni-channel customer and how effective use of social media and emerging technologies are critical to driving results • Is eager to share knowledge with coworkers and associates • Passion for developing a clientele based business
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 5 years retail or sales management experience in customer service focused business.
Communication Skills: *
- * • Demonstrates ability to build relationships and convert customers into clients.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team with good time management skills
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to effectively manage and lead a team of selling professionals • Effective communication to customers, peers and all levels of management • Proven track record in developing a clientele following through personalized selling • Effective problem solving ability to ensure an outstanding customer experience • Skilled in business analytics • Demonstrated proficiency with technology and social media • Experienced in organizing and executing customer events • Keen interest in styling and fashion trends • Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction and calculating percentages coupled with ability to use mobile devices’
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Req ID: 71254174