JPMorgan Chase Legal - Assistant General Counsel, Litigation- VP in Chicago, Illinois
Legal - Assistant General Counsel, Litigation- VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
As a litigation attorney for the Consumer & Business Banking lines of business you will have responsibility to handle and manage litigation, including consumer class actions, and to provide legal advice, services and counsel on matters affecting Consumer Banking, Business Banking and Chase Wealth Management. Experience in consumer financial services litigation in retail banking is required. You will work with management and internal/external counsel on a significant volume of litigation matters. You will draft legal documents, conduct legal research, prepare motion papers and pleadings, analyze civil complaints and subpoenas and appear in court as required. You will also prepare case management reports, provide legal advice to these consumer-oriented businesses, manage outside counsel, and liaison with regulatory authorities. You will represent the interests of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., in retail banking and investments litigation matters.
- Law Degree/Juris Doctorate-required; Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- At least 8 years as a litigator in a corporate law department and/or law practice
- Proven experience developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Experience preparing legal documentation and pleadings
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills required
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act,
Regulation E, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and related banking and consumer fraud statutes
- Consumer financial services litigation experience in consumer banking and/or retail investments and internal investigations
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Primary Location US-IL-Chicago-Chase Tower Chicago / 10468
Other Locations US-NY-New York-4 New York Plaza / 02324
Organization CORPORATE SECTOR
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: 170029541